• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • detailspatterns
    One Needle
    • Jun 2008

Hello!

Hello everyone, I've just joined your forum from the United States (I hope you don't mind)! My name is Liz Ware, and I own a drapery workroom in the Midwest (Iowa), and work with my mom. We work on lots of fun projects, for both designers and retail customers. We specialize in historic homes (which over here is anything built before 1900). I've also just started a new pattern company, and have had many new customers from the U.K., which is why I wanted to join your forum. I'm curious what styles are popular in the U.K. vs. the U.S.

I found your forum through a link on www.workroomintelligence.com, which just featured some of the work of your members! I have posted photos there for over a year, and love to look at all the new things people think of! I'm also a member of a very similar forum in the U.S., located at www.chfindustry.com.

I have a six year old daughter named Liberty, and a very hardworking husband named Tim. It is nice to meet you all!

Liz
  • Jules
    BANNED USER
    • Feb 2008

Re: Hello!

How lovely to have you join us Liz! I will be taking a peek at WI for a some of your work as I'm sure everyone else will.

It's incredible to think that we now have members from over the pond and I'm sure it will make Philips's day. I did wonder when Decozo would be international and we'd be able to find others on line when it's night time here. Just what you need when you're so busy you can't sleep!

I tend to steer towards traditional, handmade curtains, most of which are interlined as I just adore handsewing. I have a little terrier with Queen Anne legs who keeps me company throughout the day. Perfect as I work alone from my workroom here at home. It's handy for me as I also have a horse whom I can see from my window.

Enjoy your time here on Decozo!

Comment

• Schuhby
      Administrator
      • Jan 2008

Hello Liz

We most certainly do not mind you joining! You're very welcome and I hope we will get to see your drapery patterns too! Do you have a web site?

Look forward to reading your threads and seeing some of your pictures.

Philip
      Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

• Daisy
        One Needle
        • Feb 2008

Hi Liz
        Welcome to decozo! You'll love it here, everyone is so helpful. Its a fab site and very addictive. Look forward to your posts and seeing some pics... I still haven't worked out how to put them on yet!
        Daisy

Comment

• detailspatterns
          One Needle
          • Jun 2008

Daisy, Philip & Jules - Thank you for the warm welcome! I am a bit addicted to the drapery forum here in the U.S. - there are just so many ways to do things, and so many creative people out there!

Yes, I have a website, please go visit - it is www.detailspatterncompany.com - I'm just starting out, so I only have three patterns produced so far, but have many more in various stages of production. I hope by the end of the year to have enough to start some "real" advertising and marketing - right now I'm just selling to people who happen upon my website from search engines, etc.

I have a pretty dog who keeps us company during the day also, she is a Hound/German Shephard mix. And I live in an old brick Itaianate house here, which involves entirely too much upkeep, but my husband grew up here, so we stay and try to keep it in good condition!

I will try to post a picture tomorrow in your photo forum.

Liz

Comment

• irichmond
            Three Needles
            • Feb 2008

Hi liz

We have already met through your website pleased to have you on board, its a great site although i have been doing all the taking at the minute.
            I have pics to post when i can tie my son down to help me. I have seen some curtain designs on GHF and they are fabulous. Anyway a big welcome and look forward to seeing some more of your designs

Irene

Comment

• Tam
              Super Moderator
              • Jan 2008

Hello and a big welcome to the forum from me too.
              I have been browsing your pattern designs and they are breathtaking. I particually love the corseted tie back! Just superb!

I look forward to seeing you onboard the forum.

Comment

• LSS
                Three Needles
                • Mar 2008

Hi there
                i adhore the flower tie back have 'nt seen anything as gorgeuos in a long while oh apart from Matthew Fox in LOST !!!!
                I am over in the states in August to Las Vagas hubby is 40 so birthday treat he has banned me from fabric shops though
                regards
                LSS

Comment

• detailspatterns
                  One Needle
                  • Jun 2008

Thank you all for the warm welcomes - I am glad to know someone in the UK loves LOST also - it is just our favorite show here!

I've never been to Las Vegas, but it is supposed to be quite a fun time! If you have time to visit a workroom, I could post on our U.S. forum and see if anyone is in the area who would like to meet a curtain maker from overseas!

Have a nice day!

Liz

Comment

• LSS
                    Three Needles
                    • Mar 2008

wow that sounds good !!
                    yes we are addicted to LOST

regards

Comment

• Schuhby
                      Administrator
                      • Jan 2008

I have never watched Lost and don't intend starting now... I watch Brothers and Sisters and love it! George Bush is at the Palace having dinner with the Queen! Wonder who makes the Her Maj's soft furnishings, actually I think she employs full time soft furnishers at the Palace.

Philip
                      Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

• LSS
                        Three Needles
                        • Mar 2008

Hi Phillip
                        no don't bother now there are more twists and turns than a rollercoster !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        I have been in buck palace and looked at the queens curtains, nothing to write home about in my opinion !

Comment

• Penny
                          Pins & Needles
                          • Feb 2008

The curtains in Buckingham Palace are made by a company called Albert E Chapman and sons. They have been in business for about seventy years.
                          I have been lucky enough to have visited their works rooms and spent some time talking to their curtain makers and pattern cutters some of whom have been with the company for 50 years or more. They also did the referbishment at Windsor Castle and Kew Palace.
                          A gentleman called Bert Chapman, who's father founded the company assessed my work when before I was allowed to join the AMUSF and ASF.
                          This is their web site address. www.albertechapman.co.uk
                          They also do alot of work in the states working for people like Henrietta Spencer-Churchill.
                          Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

• Sharon
                            Needle & Thread
                            • Jun 2008

Hi Liz,
                            Great to bump into you a bit closer to my home
                            I like your patterns, really love the corset ones, so different....all the best with your patterns, i look forward to seeing more.
                            sharon aka NWS chf

Comment

• kathy
                              Super Moderator
                              • Jan 2008

Hi Liz

A belated welcome from me too - fabulous design on your website, love the basque idea.

Kathy
                              K W Designs
                              Bournemouth

Comment

Working...
                              X