Hi everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone

Hi everyone.....I've been looking at this site for a few weeks but never had the chance to say hello! My name is Helen and I am also a garage worker! I've been self employed for about 6 years and do my sewing around doing our farm accounts and looking after hubby and 2 gorgeous girls. Lifes hectic but good. I worked in a bank for many years but needed to do something I could do from home and sewing was my only other talent! I mainly work with fabrics that my customers have bought but I do have a contact who I can borrow fabric books from if needed. I've been very lucky and have never been without work. The only downside is the lack of human contact as we live in a fairly isolated spot! After looking through this site its great to see that I'm not the only one who feels like this at times and even better to see that I'm not the only one dealing with tricky jobs.
    Anyway thats it I've gone and done it and I'm really pleased that I have. I look forward to chatting with some of you soon.

Regards
    Helen x

Re: Hi everyone

Hello Helen - I think there are some other members around Yorkshire as well as many in garages as you have already spotted! THanks for taking the plunge and introducing yourself - look forward to hearing about your work.

Louise
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi Helen
      we are in the same area !!
      i did work for a couple of shops just starting up again after having children
      regards
      lss

Comment

Hi Helen,

Welcome to the forum. Everyone is very friendly here and very very helpful. I look forward to you sharing with us.
        Ursula

Comment

Hi Helen,

As Louise says, glad you've taken the plunge and posted. This site can be a real life line when you're working in isolation; sometimes a simple smile is all you need to get you through the day!

The only downside (and it's rather a major one, I'm afraid to say....) is that time just runs away when you're here. I should be out buying haylage AND I'M NOT YET!

Hope you find lots of answers to questions and questions to answer!

Comment

Welcome from me too!

It sounds a bit cheesy but this site has played a massive part in my work since I took the plunge from banking to sewing.

I look forward to picking your brains
            From Jo

Comment

Quite a Yorkshire contingent now! Is it time we met up for a drink and a whinge/laugh???

Comment

Count me in Jackie! Not one to turn down the offer of a cheeky drink
                From Jo

Comment

Thanks for the great welcome everyone! I can see that it's addictive on here, when I've been browsing I think I'll just look at one more query and then half an hour later I'm still browsing. I have to say I have found some really interesting threads (I think that's what you call them!) which have made me think about the work that I do so I can justify my time that way! Do you work from home now LSS? It's great that there are so many of you from good old Yorkshire!

Regards
                  Helen x

Comment

Hi Helen
                    I have sent you a pm
                    regards
                    lss

Comment

Working...
                    X