Hello Everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone, I've only recently joined this site and have already picked up lots of tips and information. Is there anyway of finding out if there are other members in my area? I started my own soft furnishings business about 2 years ago. My husband converted our garage into a sewing room for me so I work from home part time. It fits in really well around the family. Beth x

Re: Hello Everyone

Hi Beth,
    welcome to the forum. Sorry I am not in your area, but I work from my garage as you do. You will find lots of great ideas on the site and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. How is business for you at the moment, and what conversions did you do to your garage? I am trying to make mine warmer and more work friendly but don't know where to start without it costing a fortune!!

Julie
    Julie

Comment

Hi Julie, Nice to hear from a fellow garage worker!! John lined the walls with insullation then plasterboard. At the moment I just have an oil filled electric radiator the I switch on while I'm in the room. At some point John will fit a radiator thats part of the central heating. He also put in two sun tubes to get in as much natural light as possible, then lots of recessed spot lights. I'm really really pleased with my room. It's my space with NO TOYS IN!!! I've had as much work as I've wanted really. I dont like things to pile up too much. I put a business card up in Tesco's and Sainsbury's last year for a week and got a few jobs from that - apart from that I havent advertised at all. How about you, are you busy?

Beth

Comment

Welcome to the Forum Beth

I am a garage worker too lol - did mean to insulate mine this winter but am now leaving it til it gets a bit warmer. What do you both have on your floor? I currently have a thin carpet which now has holes in it, it is a real pain to clean and I am thinking of laminate or lino as it can be swept.

Kathy (also not from your area Beth)
        K W Designs
        Bournemouth

Comment

Hi Kathy
          I have a Berber type carpet which hoovers up well. I feel quite cosy!
          Beth

Comment

Dear Beth, your garage sounds wonderful. I have some concrete, lino and some carpet and i will definately go for carpet all over - the fabric picks up dirt from the concrete and the lino but not from the carpet, the only problem is the pins seem to bury themselves into the pile and I have to pick them out one by one!

Julie
            Julie

Comment

www.equifloor.co.uk/stable.shtml?gclid= ... 4wodvxK--g

My horse had heavy duty rubber mats on her floor to make it nice and cosy for her but they are quite expensive but there are some cheaper, lighter ones on the market now. See above. Would these help you ladies in your garages with lino on top?

Comment

Hi Beth,
                I'm west of Worcester, so not too far away from you.
                Regards
                Pen
                Kind regards
                Pen Harrison
                Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hello Pen,
                  I remember ordering some bits from you a few years ago. Your company name stuck in my mind!
                  Regards
                  Beth

Comment

Working...
                  X