Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow...this site is fantastic

Hello all,

I am a full time mum and part time dabbler in curtains and cakes. I am finding the information on this site invaluable but am now slightly nervous of making the interlined curtains I have promised for a friend. There is so much to remember. I am just hoping that my little domestic machine will be up to the job of making triple pleat headings!

Thanks to all the helpful people who have posted on interlining and buckram although I remain confused about the fusible buckram and quite where it goes in the sandwich - will no doubt be back with questions.

Tigger

Re: Wow...this site is fantastic

Hi Tigger,
    I agree totally. I've only just joined and am chuffed to pieces with the replies I've had to help me... It really is brilliant. By the way... I make cakes too!! FAB
    Kev

Comment

Excellent..any ideas for a spy cake for my son's birthday party....oh dear shouldn't let myself get distracted as I have to get on with these massive curtains I am doing for a friend.

Tigger

Comment

hi 2 both tigger and kev, there is another fantastic cake lady already on this forum too! If u search cakes u will probably find her good luck with the curtains though tigger!
        Yvonne

Comment

Hi Tigger

Welcome to the forum.

I use single fusible buckram and it lays on top of the interlining fusible side up then the main fabric folds over the top and then you bring the lining up and fold under leaving a gap of about half inch from the top. I press the main fabric and lining down and it sticks to the buckram hope that make sense Tigger. By the way I cut the interlining at the top of the curtain where the buckram stops.

Best of luck

Kathy
          K W Designs
          Bournemouth

Comment

Thanks so much forthat Kathy. I will now stop looking at the cut material and get interlocking!

Maybe one day I will be able to answer questions rather than just asking them!

Comment

Working...
            X