Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member Introduction

Hi,

I'm Dale (a female Dale) from Santa Barbara, CA (USA). I was raised by my grandmother who was a tailor, so sewing has always been part of my life - but mainly garment sewing. Recently, however, my interest in soft furnishings and curtains has increased resulting from numerous moves combined with the high cost of such furnishings.

Two years ago, I opened a small business (http://www.thesewingparlour.com) mainly dedicated to teaching sewing - again with a garment emphasis. With the current economic situation I started including alterations. I have had numerous requests for making pillows, making curtains, shortening curtains, etc. and am becoming more and more interested in the various techniques since I have no formal training - just continually read as much as I can and keep trying out new methods.

I found this forum via YouTube - I just ordered a blind stitch machine and viewed the instructional video provided by "schuhby". I am looking forward to learning a lot from this forum and being able to participate in the discussions, etc.

Thanks for including me!

-Dale

Re: New Member Introduction

Hi Dale,
    A very warm welcome from me.
    Ursula

Comment

Hi Dale
      A big welcome from me to.

Irene

Comment

Hello Dale. Glad you have you aboard.
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi Dale,

How fab to be able to tailor properly! I'm sure learning at Grandma's knee would have been a great way to do it.

Good luck with your business. I hope it's a great success. Now I know who to come to when I foolishly take on another bridesmaids dress to make or alter..... lol!

Comment

HI Dale,
            welcome from me too.
            My brother and his family live in California, but San Francisco - I know it's a big state!
            Regards
            Pen
            Kind regards
            Pen Harrison
            Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hi Dale,

I'm sure you'll find the forum very helpfull, just like I do.

Bev

The Window Dresser

Comment

Working...
              X