introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• introduction

Hi everyone, I'm lainy and new to the site, I have worked in softfurnishing for a number of years but have just started working for myself after lack of appreciation from my employer and very low pay!! So far its not too bad and i'm finding my feet (no regrets) the site is fantastic and I look forward to chatting to you all, not too computer minded though so you will have to bear with me.
    Lainy

Re: introduction

Welcome Lainy, I have only been a member myself for a month or so, but it is a lovely site and everyone is so welcoming and helpful. You will enjoy it, I am sure! Good luck with the new business.

M

Comment

Thanks Minx its so informative and really nice to hear like minded people chat about the world of sewing and its difficulties.
      Lainy

Comment

Welcome to the forum Lainy and Good luck with working for yourself, you will have our support (with something new to you) and appreciation (when you post photos)

Got to learn the ratio of working and surfing when your working for your self!! very difficult to get off here sometimes lol.

Best Wishes

Kathy
        K W Designs
        Bournemouth

Comment

Hello Lainy - I'm sure you will soon be answering as many questions as you ask if you already have experience in the 'industry'.
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi Lainy, a welcome from me too, im heading the same direction as you and starting to build up my own business , i too have been working in the interior design area for another company and find my days are numbered, been told today they will have to cut back my hours, but at least i have something to fall back on as its been my hobby for years and i love it. good luck with your own, and yes you will find this site addictive.

Jan
            Jan

Design & Curtain Studio

Comment

Hi Lainy

Welcome from me too. theres lots of help and friendly advice (although I'm doing all the taking at the moment)
              Kathy is right its difficult to get going once you log on, every time I stop work I'm looking in.

Irene

Comment

wow! what a response thanks everyone thats very welcoming looking forward to helping all I can x
                Lainy

Comment

Working...
                X