Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greeting from Montreal, Canada

Hello Everyone,

My name is Wayne and live across the pond in Montreal! Following is a bit of info about myself:

Started sewing in 1969 and attended the Tailor and Cutter Academy in London in 1972. Studied bespoke tailoring there for one year. I never worked in the trade but kept up my tailoring skills as a hobby. Fast forward to 2004. Decided to leave the corporate rat race and start my own business!. Spent one month at the Custom Home Furnishing Academy in Charlotte, North Carolina (EXCELLENT TRAINING AND WELL WORTH THE INVESTMENT). I opened a small drapery shop and workroom and am happy to report earning a decent living making window treatments full time for both retail and wholesale markets. Bespoke tailoring for windows no less!

I make frequent trips to the UK as my mum and wife are British (Londoners - South Woodford area) and so were my grandparents(Greenwich)
    Everyone is British except me, althought sometimes I feel more British than Canadian! I love going over to England as it is like a second home to me.

I plan to visit Merrick and Day's workroom one day, but in the meantime will make great use of this website and various forums. Its really interesting to see the differences both in terminology and technique between the UK and North America. Going now to watch Corrie - were about 10 months behind!! TTFN

Wayne
    Window Covering by Wayne Chaif (WCbyWC)
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Re: Greeting from Montreal, Canada

Hello Wayne, great to hear from people across the pond. Its lovely to hear that your business has been so sucessful, have you been hit by the econmic down turn over there, things do seem to have been quieter here on the soft furnishings side. This is a great site and I am sure you will find it very useful and fun too
    Best wishes
    Janie

Comment

Hi Wayne,
      welcome from me too. Nice to know that the group from Decozo is spreading far and wide!

Regards
      Pen
      Kind regards
      Pen Harrison
      Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hi Wayne,

A very warm welcome from me also. It would be lovely if you could share some photo's of your work to see how the Canadians dress their windows/doors.
        Ursula

Comment

Hi Wayne

Welcome to the forum - great to see that Decozo is International!
          Have a really good friend from school days who lives in Canada but she is in Vancouver. Her husband works in the film industry!
          Glad to hear that you are making a living from bespoke window treatments.
          Hope you enjoyed Corrie ... so you must be somewhere near Tony marrying Carla??
          Yvonne

Comment

Hello Wayne

Welcome to the Forum from me too - Love to see some photos of your curtains etc.

Kathy
            K W Designs
            Bournemouth

Comment

Hello Wayne
              That was a fabulous introduction, welcome to our forum I am sure you will love it here.
              Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Hi Wayne

What a lovely introduction, Wow you have been rather busy, how fabulous

A very warm welcome to the forum from me too. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Comment

Hello my Friend!
                  Nice to see you here.

Susan
                  Susan Woodcock
                  Owner, HomeDecGal.com
                  Charlotte, NC
                  USA

Comment

Working...
                  X