Finding My Way Around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding My Way Around

Sooooo much information and I've lot's of questions !! Hi all I'm Linda started an Interior Styling business recently and have found this site invaluable, thanks to everyone for freely and kindly giving out advice, I really appreciate it. Getting quotes from Upholsterers for 4 x 2.75mtr simple straight box wood pelmets for a client at present, could you please tell me which thickness of interlining should be used and what is difference in finish if wadding is used ?

Thanks so much

Re: Finding My Way Around

Hi Linda
    Welcome to the forum. You will love it here.
    I normally use a thicker interlining such as bump. I have experimented with wadding and it depends what weight you are using. Some of the heavier weights I have found to be too springy and you end to get tiny ripples in the cloth when pulling it tight around the edges of the wood.
    I have never had a problem using interlining.
    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Hi Linda , a big welcome from me too. Great to have another newbie aboard Mydecozo

I also use a heavy weight bump 410gram and it gives a lovely plump finish. I am yet to master, and gain more confidence in making shaped pelmets and lambrequins, but do tend to use the 410g bump on straight edged pelmets ,it gives a lovely finish.

Good luck, I hope you complete your pelmets with ease.Do let us know how you got on.

Comment

Thanks for replying and I shall go with the interlining.

Comment

Working...
        X