Hello All.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello All.

Hi, I am Malc, just joined the site 23rd August, it is a pleasure to see so much information to be shared on the curtain trade.

I am partner with my wife in a retail/manufacturing soft furnishing business nr Durham, N.E. I have been in the soft furnishing trade for almost 40 yrs and my wife has been in the trade 28 , ( since we formed the company ) neither of us make curtains, we leave that to the professionals lol. but we do have seamstresses in our workroom who are masters at their craft and couldnt be without them.
    I am more into the measure and fitting side of the business, and also look towards the component ends of the curtain track and blind side of the business and my wife and I do the buying in of fabrics and accessories.

I can see that these forums are going to be addictive, I have already spent quite a few hours, into the early hours of the morning perusing the site and comments, looking forward to gleaning some more information from you all. I can see I am in the minority when it comes to Gender tho.

Re: Hello All.

Hi Malc, we're not sexist here, so welcome! It's good to have another practical bod to help us with the technical side and the fitting!
    Regards
    Pen
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hi Malc you will just love this forum it is so addictive and also informative ,we are a lot like you, a husband and wife team although i help out in the workroom with 2 ladies whilst ian my husband does all of the selling anfd fitting we tend to get on ok as long as he stays out of my space !!!! we have been in business for 10 years although i have always made curtains etc and sewn one thing or another we are just trying to catch up with jobs before our holiday on saturday i sometimes wonder if its worth the hassle
      ian has got a hundred and one things to fit by friday and i havent made them yet !!1
      bye for now alison

Comment

Hello Malc

Welcome to the forum as Pen said its nice to have someone on the technical side of the business. There is loads of useful info on this site, I am not surprised you were up late reading through! lol

Kathy
        K W Designs
        Bournemouth

Comment

Originally posted by alic
          Hi Malc you will just love this forum it is so addictive and also informative ,we are a lot like you, a husband and wife team although i help out in the workroom with 2 ladies whilst ian my husband does all of the selling anfd fitting we tend to get on ok as long as he stays out of my space !!!! we have been in business for 10 years although i have always made curtains etc and sewn one thing or another we are just trying to catch up with jobs before our holiday on saturday i sometimes wonder if its worth the hassle
          ian has got a hundred and one things to fit by friday and i havent made them yet !!1
          bye for now alison
          Thanks all for the welcome, looks like another night of burning the midnight oil, !! I know exactly how you feel Alison, we work fine together as long as we dont have to spend too long in each others company whilst at work, wouldnt be the first time staff have disappeared and made themselves scarce because of flying objects lol.

Comment

Working...
          X