Hello To All From Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello To All From Florida

Hey, I am Collette, and I am trying to find out how to construct a Cornice Board. To me, a Cornice Board is a Window Treatment, that is Board Mounted. I am getting ready to start on some Swags, Tails, & Cascades, that are going to be Board Mounted. No Curtains. I am always needing help, so I am glad you guys are here.

I live in Florida, USA, with my Daughter, son-in-law, and my two wonderful Grandsons. They are 9 1/2 & The little one just turned 6. My Husband died in July, on this date actually...17t, 8 years ago. Soo, I sew. I am trying to set up a little business, making Window Treatments. That covers, Drapes & everything else. I am also planning to make some Euro Pillows too. A few other things. I have a thread on The Sewing Fourm, looking for a name for my business. If anyone has any ideas...feel free to throw em' my way. I have two children, a son that lives in South Carolina and, of course my Daughter. My husband was from there, I am from California. He wanted his kids raised in S.C., not California.....so we ended up there. Went back and forth a few times, and ended up staying there. Both kids were born and raised there.
    My Son-in-law is Navy, getting ready to get out...has his 20 yrs done, that is why we are here in Fl.
    Have any questions..ask away!!!!

Re: Hello To All From Florida

Welcome Collette, glad to have you here. It is always interesting to have new experience and ideas. There are lots of members who work from home, or who run independent businesses so hopefully you will find us useful!

If you are searching for info here it will help you to know that in the UK a cornice board is called a pelmet..........there is info here http://www.my.decozo.com/viewforum.php?f=20 to get you started..... and a swag section here http://www.my.decozo.com/viewforum.php?f=44
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi Collette and welcome from me too. You may find the terminology strange at first, as we do have different names for things!
      Kind regards
      Pen Harrison
      Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hello Collette and a big welcome from 'The Midlands', uk.

You gave much more info about yourself than any of us have done, so a big thank you for that.

I do hope the weather is better in Florida than here in England. We are having such a wet summer. I'm sure all the garden will soon be suffering from 'Blight'....

Now please, do tell, what is a cascade???

Comment

Hello Collette,
          A big welcome from the Cumbrian lakes and mountains! I hope you enjoy this forum as much as I have, and I am sure you will find all the information you need here somewhere. Good luck with your new venture. I struggled to think of a name for my business and ended up just using my own name! My son is doing me a webb site and he tells me that my business title is far too long for a domain name so I might have to change it!!

Happy sewing

Julie
          Julie

Comment

Hello Collette,

Welcome from a very wet West Coast of Scotland. You will love this site, so much useful information and lots of friendly people that give much needed advice when you're just starting.

Good luck with your new venture,

Cat C.
            Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Hello Colette,

Welcome to this lovely forum.

If you want information about classes for Home Dec sewing in the USA send me a private message and I will happily send you information.

Regards,
              Susan
              Susan Woodcock
              Owner, HomeDecGal.com
              Charlotte, NC
              USA

Comment

Working...
              X