Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im New Here

Hi Everyone,

My Names karen and im 51 years old and live in essex. I 've been making curtains and blinds for more years than i care to remember! But have only just realised forums like this exsisted....

Looking forward to making some new friends and sharing tips etc etc.... I currently work for a company as a showroom advisor on a part time basis, however am becoming increasingly tired of being a wage slave to make other people rich! so am now trying to get some new private work for myself. Heres hoping.
    Karen

[center:upvg08n4]Never regret the things you have done, just the things you havent![/center:upvg08n4]

Re: Im New Here

Hello Karen

Hope you find lots here to interest you, and that you soon get some private work too. I'm sure you have some interesting tales of customers you meet in your showroom job .......
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hello Karen,

Well done for finding the forum. I hope you really enjoy it!

Comment

Hi Karen,

Welcome to the site. Like you I'm in my 50's - I also make curtains and blinds, though I'm only a beginner so looking forward to you sharing all your years of knowledge. Everyone on the site is very friendly and I've learned more in the last few weeks than the previous year. Be warned it's addictive.

Ursula.

Comment

Hi Karen,

Welcome. I'm also a novice but fast becoming an expert thanks to all the online training from the forum

A big thank-you to everybody!

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody.

My curtain and blind knowledge has all been self taught over the years and stood me in good sted. Ive even made curtains for an unvailing plaque by The Queen! not quiet as grand as it sounds but nevertheless an achievement

I now work for a retailer in a largeish showroom advising on blinds curtains, and fabrics to all of our clients and prepare quotes and estimates etc, but really miss my hands on work so have been putting my fealers out for some private work etc. Low and behold got a call on Thursday and have today measured an entire house! So fingers crossed I may get the work when the clients decided on fabrics and poles etc. If I do i may be calling on some of your exspertise with regards to Hard Pelmets as this client has likeing for them apparently! and its been a while!
            Karen

[center:upvg08n4]Never regret the things you have done, just the things you havent![/center:upvg08n4]

Comment

Working...
            X