Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• learner BIG L

Hi All,

I'm Ursula and I love nothing better than heading to my sewing room. I'm self taught and I absolutely love to make curtains. This site is brilliant and I'm hoping to get lots of information from all you professionals. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge. My husband bought me my first sewing machine a few years ago ( a small brother) and I upgraded it last year to pfaff, so I'm coming up in the world I used to work in an office but had to give up because of migraine and middle age ( don't mention that M word). My husband's job finished recently recession so an escape to my spare room which he's barred from keeps me sane. I'm looking forward to sharing with you all and yes this site is addictive.

Gallery pictures

Ursula

Re: learner BIG L

Hello Ursula,

How fab to have your 'own space'!

I'm real sorry to hear about your hubby. It's a bad time. At least you won't be splashing out on posh curtains, you'll be creating your own beauties.

Enjoy Decozo!

Comment

Ursula...Wow I can't believe you are not a life long curtain maker...your curtains are beautiful...what with pleats to pattern & the headings with the holes in...( me too, middle age & migraine don't mention the 'm' words Anyway that word has totally evaded me so we'll have to stick with heading with holes in for now)
      I have never made them cause I don't have a press & I don't think I would have the demand for them to warrant the outlay...so do you own one or do you have them done somewhere else...I thought with all this typing the term would come but no...Oh no there's another 'm' word--- memory loss
      Regards
      Mairi

Comment

Hi Marie,

Don't you know anything that starts with men...... is bad for you I do the eyelets myself - I buy eyelet tape sew to top of curtain, cut out circle and press on the eyelets - simple - job oxo The press is very expensive here a few thousand euro and for the amount of eyelet curtains I'd do it wouldn't pay me. I think I've made about 4 pairs in all. I'm only making curtains for people for about 8 months so new to the game. All those curtains are my own and I think the pattern just happened to work out right for me - I'm only picking up the sewing terms now as I get work, but I do love it.

Ursula

Comment

Working...
        X