Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi!

Hi everyone!

I am Helen and I live in Surrey. I have been sewing for as long as I can remember but mainly dressmaking and some crafts. I studied textiles at A level and I then went into Retail! I re-discovered sewing about 3 years ago when we had an extension at home and we needed new curtains. I went on a evening course to learn how to make them properly (rather than making it up as I went along!) and I havent looked back since. I did the course for about 9 months just so that I could spend one evening a week sewing. When my son started school a local interiors shop was looking for curtain makers, I applied and got the job. I am self employed and have been working on my own for the last year and a half so this forum is invaluable.

Helen.

Re: Hi!

Welcome to the site Helen, and yes , I think we are all a bit sewmad as well.

I am sure you will find lots here to ask and read as well as people have a laugh and a moan....the last one can be very useful sometimes.

Enid

Comment

Glad you found us.....I'm sure you will soon be a frequent contributor.
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Welcome Helen - it's great to have a passion!
        Kind regards
        Pen Harrison
        Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hello Helen,

I'm sure you'll love it here. The advice is invaluable and it's sometimes just nice to think you're not totally alone when the problems arise. When I have a mental block, there is usually something in the 'archives' to help me out.... Still lots to learn but great to do it in good company.

Comment

Welcome Helen - glad you've found us. I love "sewmad" - I reckon it pretty much sums up most of us!
            Jane

Comment

Hi and welcome from me too.

Yayyy from the same part of the world too

Im sure you're going to love it here, we are all sewmad too lol!!!

Comment

Hi Sewmad

Welcome to the forum from me too - It's a very useful site full of invaluable information - a bit like a book you just cant put down!!

Kathy
                K W Designs
                Bournemouth

Comment

Hi Helen,
                  Welcome to the forum!
                  You have definitely come to the right place, this forum has been a great place to come and visit, which i do very frequently , for information, inspiration, motivation................hey i like the sound of that....lol.....
                  its great to be able to chat with like minded people, who are interested in and know what i'm talking about.....
                  sharon

Comment

Working...
                  X