PM's - Private Messages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM's - Private Messages

The system is currently set to allow a maximum of 50 private messages to be stored in your inbox, once this allowance has been reached the system will automatically store waiting messages. At the moment you need to clear the old messages and release any waiting messages. We are going to set the system to automatically delete old messages, if you have messages you want to keep please move these to your saved messages box.

The switch over will happen on November 20th.

Thank you all for your continued support and contributions to the forum.

Philip
    MyDecozo Admin

Re: PM's - Private Messages

Philip, I can't seem to find a "saved messages" icon anywhere within my PM's. Where should I be looking? I have tried opening the relevant message and also not opening but just ticking the box, but all I get is an option to delete.

I only want to save the one which contains my password for the registered members section.
    thanks
    M

Comment

Go to the User Control Panel and click on the Private Messages tab. On the left you should see headings of In Box, Out Box, Sent Messages and Saved Messages.

There are 2 ways to move a message from your In Box to another folder.

1. From your In Box, click in the little box (MARK) to the right hand side of the message you want to move and then at the bottom of the screen under that column of boxes, drop down the menu to choose Move Marked to Saved Messages and click on GO.

2. If you are reading the message you want to move, you will find the Move to Folder option at the bottom of the screen under the message body.
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Originally posted by Louise
        Go to the User Control Panel and click on the Private Messages tab. On the left you should see headings of In Box, Out Box, Sent Messages and Saved Messages.

There are 2 ways to move a message from your In Box to another folder.

1. From your In Box, click in the little box (MARK) to the right hand side of the message you want to move and then at the bottom of the screen under that column of boxes, drop down the menu to choose Move Marked to Saved Messages and click on GO.

2. If you are reading the message you want to move, you will find the Move to Folder option at the bottom of the screen under the message body.

No, Louise, that does not help me. Problem is not that I don't know where to look, it is that those options don't exist in my case!

If I go into my inbox I do have option to mark a message then the drop down box gives only the option of marking that message as important/unimportant or deleting it entirely. If I open the message the drop down box only has an option to move the message into my inbox, which is where it already is! Really strange as I usually can find out how to do this type of thing, not exactly a novice with computers but this had me stumped. Think Admin need to take a look and reset something for me, somehow.
        thanks for trying to help anyway!!

Comment

You really do get an option to save it to saved messages! BUT if it's your log in details surely you'd be better saving them somewhere else as, if you can't log in, you can't retrieve them anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Jules
            You really do get an option to save it to saved messages! BUT if it's your log in details surely you'd be better saving them somewhere else as, if you can't log in, you can't retrieve them anyway.

NO, Jules, I really don't!!! All I get are the details I told of above.
            Either to save to inbox or delete or mark as important or unimportant. BELIEVE me when I say I can clearly see there is nothing else!! honest!! You might, you lucky thing you, but I don't and i don't see why I shouldn't.
            I don't want to save my password for the general forums, as I already know it and have no need to save it, I want to save the message for the separate password for the Decozo network "Registered Members Only Area", which is a separate one entirely and not chosen by me. I don't particularly want to save it elsewhere, am more than happy with it where it is, besides if I can't save this one I won't be able to save anything else I want to save.

Comment

Hi Minx

Check now please and see if the saved messages option has arrived.

Philip
              Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

No, sorry Phillip. It is still the same. I even tried logging out then logging back in. It still only allows me to mark it as important/unimportant or delete it.
                Wonder what on earth is going on?
                thanks for trying so far everyone!!

Comment

I've created you a saved messages box now - Sorry you didn't have one.

[marquee:zlqbuclz][email protected] probably nicked it! [/marquee:zlqbuclz]
                  Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

So pleased!!!! I was beginning to wish I had gone to specsavers!!! lol

Comment

Philip, it wasn't me honest !!!

Philip, some days you are just way too cheeky for your own good, looks like today is your day

Comment

Working...
                      X