Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Decozo Gathering

Hi Ladies and Gents,

You may, like me, have seen the idea of a Decozo Gathering bandied about from time to time on the forum? Well, with Philip's guidance, I and a few fellow forum members have decided to take the bull by the horns and try to get one off the ground.
    I have a workroom that is fairly easily accessed from many areas of the UK and would love to open my doors and make you all welcome. I'm looking at Monday 28th September as I can shuffle my workload to free up that day.

Before it gets the red light as the Decozo meet up for 2009, I'd just like an idea of who would like to come should we go forward with this. Please feel free to either PM me or email me at [email protected]

It would also be great to get ideas for things we could do on the day. Maybe there are techniques that people could offer to show to the group? Perhaps chats on supplier sourcing or marketing? The more ideas we have, the rounder and fuller we can make the day while also getting to know one another in a relaxed environment. Again, let me have your ideas for the day and we can then work out what we can encompass at meeting.

If anyone wants to know about accomodation in the area I can let them know so again, please just ask!

Fingers crossed we get to meet up this year!

PB DD Decozo gathering.......

Denton Drapes workrooms are just 3 miles from Junctions 13 and 14 of the M1, a short journey from MK Railway and Coach Stations and we have ample parking for those wishing to drive.
    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Re: Decozo Gathering 2009

What a lovely idea! Is Milton Keynes railway station on a line from the Midlands? I wonder, if your kind offer of a day does go ahead, members could double up on accom/transport to make light of journeys?

I will have a good think as to what I'd like a day to deliver and perhaps what I could share.....?

Thank you Penny for the chance of a 'Decozo Gathering'.

Comment

I live in Cumbria, but have a friend in Canons Ashby Nr Daventry - how far would that be from you?

Julie
      Julie

Comment

I'll be there!

Thanks Penny , much appreciated.

Comment

Morning Julie
          Daventry is Jct 18 on the M1 which is approx 35 miles from the workroom. It would take anything from 30 mins to an hour in the car depending on the traffic.
          I do hope you will be able to make it.
          Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

What a lovely idea - thanks for offering to host this. It's in my diary..........
            Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

hi penny,

would love to come, but that is the monday of the decorex and focus weekend, which i'm attending this year. If you decide on a different day, i woud love to be there,

sukhi
              Sukhi
              Butterfly Interiors
              Sue Rhodes Interiors

Comment

Hi Penny,
                I missed this one!!!!!!! Will put it in the diary. Do you want us to bring anything??????? I am not thinking pins etc but thinking of my tummy...again

Enid

Comment

That is great Enid.
                  I was going to organise some food depending on the numbers and just ask for a small contribution to the cost.
                  Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Did I hear the idea of Enid's comestibles being offered for the Decozo Gathering? Oooo, does that mean cake Enid????? On behalf of Penny, YES PLEASE! I'm hungry at the thought as their reputation precedes them!

Won't it be great to catch up with everyone? Is anyone else going??? Any thoughts of what we should do?

Comment

Oh for goodness sake Jules! I have never heard of such a word. I think you are just showing off...
                      Looks like it might be a nice little gathering.
                      Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Well I have.........it means FOOD, and as I have said often here thats what I do, as well as curtains, I will do some and bring it with me. I can make that for either puddings or just to have with cups of tea and coffee.

Enid

Comment

Yippee!

Sadly, all I can offer is jam (praying the fruit ripens on the trees) and maybe a little cream to top off a scone or two? I'll leave the rest to your imagination Enid. I'm sure we could all chip in to cover costs incurred.......!

Comment

I am still working out if I can get the time to come down as it is BITA on the previous wed. Unfortunately I do everything myself and cannot delegate work to be done in my absence ( hubby is brilliant at shopping, cookingh, ironing etc, but not with a sewing machine - yet!!) I am not sure what happened to the downturn in the economy, but it has not stopped my clients.
                            If I can get down I would love some advice on measuring for swags & Tails and how to adjust for different widths & bays - I got asked to make a Queen Anne valance for a bay window and still cannot work it out!! Also, any tips on that fiddly junction on loose covers where the inside front arm meets the front panel and base.

Julie
                            Julie

Comment

I think this is a great idea, I'd love to meet you all. But unfortunately I am sadly on holiday that week But let me know if you change the date for any reasons or have another. Perhaps I could offer something from the upholstery point of view.
                              Kindest Regards,
                              Karen

Comment

Working...
                              X