Whats wrong??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats wrong??

Trying to put zips in today but not at all happy. I have changed needle, cotton and spool, cleaned out the fluff, used tissue paper, pulled the zip, pulled the fabric, but the puckering is not acceptable. The fabric fights the zip........the zip fights the fabric. The rest of the cushions went together fine, all piped and just waiting on the zip section.........anyone have any suggestions ????

Enid

Try using a large stitch, less pressure on the foot and lots of pins along the zip - If your feeling adventurous stitch from top with the fabric uppermost.
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

Thank you P, much better......not enough pins, not enough practise, not enough patience.......stitching the first bit fabric up helped. Three done, all acceptable but now I have had enough for the day........

Hope you are well??? Enid

Comment

• Schuhby
        Schuhby commented
        Editing a comment
        Pins, pins and more pins is the usual answer to slipping velvet.. Glad you're sorted Enid

Thanks. Might have been ok with Linara but shop.suggested this upholstery type......struggle for my machine.

Comment

Glad it’s sorted! Love the way you have piped. Is there also two pipes (? - ing) around the other sides?

Comment

Its single piped the normal way all round the cushions, top and bottom as they have gussets, but I see what you mean. That's not piping, its the way the fabric buts over the zip, and I suppose because its a velour fabric, its looks chunky......I use Kims Upholstery method to put the zip into the gusset. I find that video easy to follow and it works for me, well in most cases.

Comment

Working...
          X