Bolster Cushion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolster Cushion

I’ve just finished my first bolster cushion and am quite pleased with it apart from the covered buttons I sewed in at the ends. I would like to thread through the length of the bolster, but as it is 45cm long I’m not sure how to do it as I can’t get a needle that long unless I pay a fortune. Does anyone have any tips as how this could be done? Thanks.
    Kind regards
    Colina

I bought a long upholstery buttoning needle (about £3-£5) when I did some, but it was still quite a challenge. Now someone wants bolsters 60cm long so that won't work! Love to hear anyone's suggestions.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I know that Rowley sell them - I have a trade account with them, place orders over the phone for delivery to which ever hotel my husband is staying in - just in case you or someone you know is heading state side.
      even better, have you searched using bolster needle - top of search, so maybe other places https://hwebber.co.uk/shop/c-s-osbor...ound-point-24/

Comment

Thanks On Track. I managed to miss that one! I ordered a 16” one online last night (my bolster is 18”). I thought I could squash the bolster down a bit and hopefully the needle would come out the other end!!
        Kind regards
        Colina

Comment

Managed to cancel the 18” needle (think it was probably the wrong type anyway) and ordered from the site you found On Track. Thank you very much for guiding me there.
          Kind regards
          Colina

Comment

I found that yesterday evening too....the 24" bolster needle would be great for my 60cm bolsters.......
            Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

No worries Coco & Louise

Comment

Working...
              X