Forming triple Pleats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forming triple Pleats

A little tip I was show by another curtain maker for making triple pleats.
    When you have sewn in the initial pleat, at the point where the fold has formed sew another line of stitching approx a small third of the amount from the fold line to the pleat stitch line. In effect forming another smaller channel.
    This will make folding your triple pleat much easier as the middle pleat is already formed.
    Then you only need to over stitch the two outside pleats at the top.
    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Re: Forming triple Pleats

Have just found this tip & tried it on a remnant - it's great. Wish I'd found it last week when I was making triple pleats
    Jane

Comment

Hello Penny, I am trying to understand the pleat forming please can you help me understand it a bit more, anything that helps me form a crisper pleat has to like manner from heaven can you explain in a bit more details,

My brain is thinking that you are saying once you have stitched in your full pleat,
      Open the pleat & one third over the width of the pleat, stitch a 1/3 down the pleat.

Am I totally off track? It wouldn't be the first time.
      I would like to be able to sew pleats that dont kink at the top every now & then this happens dont know why?. Also what type of Buckram do you use, also do you make the lead & the retun a double layer.
      Any feedback will be greatfully accepted.

all the best
      Carmen

Comment

Jane
        I love this technique it makes the pleats so much quicker. I don't use it for my "high end" make but it is brilliant for my machine made orders.
        Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Hi Carmen
          Sew your pleat as normal. So for example if you have a 15cm pleat when it is sewn it will be 7.5cms from the stitch line to the fold of the pleat.
          Sew another line of stitching about 2.5cms from the fold line, this forms another channel that would in effect make the centre of the triple pleat.
          Just push this pocket back and the two outside wings of the triple pleat automatically form.
          Hope that makes sense.
          If not PM me with your address and I will put a sketch in the post to you.
          Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

A Big thank you penny I GET IT I got a aha moment I am going to try it tomorrow, I will also email you my address,

all the best,

Carmen

Comment

Working...
            X