buckram - how do you fix it????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buckram - how do you fix it????

Could you please advise how you would fix fusible buckram in order to make double pleats. Would you fix it to the lining or the face fabric (am a bit worried about fusing it to the face fabric in case it doesn't fuse properly or stains the fabric). Is fusible better than sew-in? So many questions but I am making these for a good friend and I want to get it right. Greatly apreciate any advise.

Re: buckram - how do you fix it????

I use single sided fusible & fix it to the lining (or interlining), not to the face fabric
    Jane

Comment

There is a HUGE discussion on how to use buckram. I also have a feeling Philip posted an instructional video????

Take a look there and good luck with the double pleats.

Comment

If you check out this post in the Curtain area http://www.my.decozo.com/viewtopic.p...usible+buckram there is lots of info on various ways of using the different sorts of curtain buckram. The first couple of pages cover pleats, but after that it moves on......
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi

My favourite tip for inserting buckram is NOT to cut it off level with the side edge of the curtain, but to fold it back onto itself 3 times, so the leading and outside edges are nice and firm. If you have to insert a pin-hook right in the flat edge of the curtain it will go in between the layers of buckram, not poke a hole in the face fabric. Make sure that you don't have this extra thick area any wider than about 5cm otherwise it will interfere with the making of the first pleat. I use double fusible for interlined, single sided for lined only.

Sue.

Comment

Thank you Louise, I knew someone would do a link!

Comment

Thanks for all your replies - watched Phillips instructional video which answered a lot of questions.

Comment

Originally posted by blueskies
                Thanks for all your replies - watched Phillips instructional video which answered a lot of questions.
                which video link are you refering too?

Comment

Hello there - I'm trying to use the link that's on Phil's email on this thread but it keeps coming up with a 404 error not found. Has it been removed or moved to somewhere else? Many Thanks
                  Beck
                  Becky

Made By Beck

Comment

Try this post inserting buckram.
                    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
                    X