Scoring 3 pass blackout lining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoring 3 pass blackout lining

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before but before ironing in a crease in my 3 pass B/O lining I score the wrong side with a fine crochet hook - This helps with folding the fabric ready for ironing. Great for side turnings and hems.
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Which is the wrong side of 3-pass blackout? The smooth side, or the woven side?
    ​Amanda

Comment

Hi Amanda,

The smooth side is the wrong side.

Cat
      Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Thanks, Cat!

Also, another question about 3 passblackout .... I am going to use it for some blackout face-fixed cascade roman blinds and after reading all the forums, I have decided to use the blackout as an interlining , but my question is, can you use it sideways (across its grain) or do you have to use it lengthwise? If it's a bonded type of fabric, is there a difference between its cross grain and its lengthwise grain?

Thanks,
        Amanda
        ​Amanda

Comment

..... and also, presumably you don't have to interlock the blackout layer on a roman blind, because the stab stitching will hold all three layers - face, blackout and lining - in place?
          Thanks again.
          ​Amanda

Comment

Yes to both of those Amanda. Its quite stable to railroad the lining, and stab stitching holds it all in place.
            Janie

Comment

Thanks! I've never heard the expression "railroad" the fabric. I like it! Especially as with 3 pass blackout it seems that many people would like to throw it in front of a train and leave it there forever...
              Amanda
              ​Amanda

Comment

Ha! well said Amanda. Give it it's due, it is fantastic for its purpose, and nice and heavy and drapey, but hell to sew.

Comment

Working...
                X