Chandelier "Scrunchies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chandelier "Scrunchies"

Have you ever seen “Scrunchies” for chandliers?

What you do is cover the chain from the chandelier in a long tube of fabric lightly wider than the chain and flex (silk looks best) make it three times longer than the chain and scrunch it up.
    it looks pretty in a dining room and conceals the electrical wire.
    Karen Rhodes
    Karen Rhodes Design
    Pole Design

Re: Chandelier "Scrunchies"

I have seen these in stately homes and chateaux we have visited on holiday (even on holiday I can't help noticing curtains etc.!)

I have a curtain making book where they suggest making similar 'tubes' of fabric to cover poles between fixed heading curtains, esp. those with a channel heading where the pole is threaded through the top of the panel.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

This might be a silly question, but do you have to take the chandelier down to get the scrunchy on? I would love these on my chandeliers, but can face taking them down!
      Gail

Comment

I can't think of a way to avoid taking the fitting down.......for instance, if you used vecro to close the length of the fabric to make the tube I think it would make the finished item too stiff/bulky to scrunch properly.
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Was going to say you'd need a pretty good head for heights and a steady hand to do them in situ.....

Having said that..... Welcome to Cord Coverup® by A&M Designs, Inc. We are your best source for decorative cord covers using the finest fabrics available. Fabric cord covers have been custom made for years by Interior Designers with large price tags. Now, we have these decorative lighting accessories ready made in the USA with great prices for everyone who needs to cover up ugly cords, chains and cables.

[attachment=0:2ekjkusl]cc-pic-chand.jpg[/attachment:2ekjkusl]

Cord cover up chandelier syle cord coversA&M Designs offers three styles of cover-ups. Our most popular style is our Chandelier Style Cord Coverup®. This fabric cord cover has sewn in Velcro® so you DO NOT have to remove your chandelier prior to hanging. This chandelier chain cover is also great for bundling large computer cables. This 6 foot electrical cord cover is easy to apply, and best of all it is easy to remove to clean or change out seasonally.

http://www.cordcoverup.com/

I suppose they've gathered it prior to putting the velcro in.

Comment

Thanks so much for this link Jules - I will have a look, and hopefully they will have something - my Chandeliers arent anywhere near as grand as those in the picture, but you can still see the wire running through the chain, and it has always annoyed me!
            Gail

Comment

They look pretty easy to make. They even tell you how long they are when un-scrunched (6ft?) so you'll probably be able to make your own now Karen has brought them to our attention!

Comment

Working...
              X