Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

some photos

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • some photos

    High all,
    first post on here, though I've been visiting and reading for some time. It's nice to find a group of people who really take a pride in what they do. Some of the work that I have fitted made by others leaves me in despair.........................
    However I thought I would share some of our latest project with you all.

    I'd like to pick your collective brains about a complicated Lambrequin I have to do but I'll post a pic for that later.

    Feel free to comment.

    Cheers,

    Phil.

    [attachment=0:8b5yb4zn]red room.jpg[/attachment:8b5yb4zn][attachment=1:8b5yb4zn]drawing room.jpg[/attachment:8b5yb4zn][attachment=2:8b5yb4zn]dining.jpg[/attachment:8b5yb4zn]

  • #2
    Re: some photos

    Those curtains are lovely, I especially like the dining room fabric. Well done.
    Cracker

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: some photos

      Wow they are all stunning..whoever made them should be very proud.

      I especially like the offset design on the middle pelmet. What are the little round bits?
      Regards
      Mairi

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: some photos

        Absolutely beautiful! You really should be smiling as you read the comments.

        What is the dining room fabric? Do you make your own pelmets or send them out?

        You will be inundated with questions now lol!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: some photos

          Hi Phil
          That is beautiful work. Well done.
          Kindest Regards

          Penny

          Denton Drapes

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: some photos

            Lovely curtains and I especially like the middle ones with the design offset on the pelmet, really unusual and an eye catcher

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: some photos

              Hi Phil

              Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing the pictures with us, the middle picture certainly grabs your attention. I like the way you've done the pelmet, it has a deco feel to it.

              Philip
              Have you registered your business yet?

              http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk


              A MyDecozo Directory

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: some photos

                Yes, I do like the drawing room one!
                Kind regards
                Pen Harrison
                Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: some photos

                  They all look wonderful, and I too like the unusual middle one. Beautiful finishing touches on all of them with braid or cord. Did you dream up the pelmet designs yourself? Welcome to the forum - 'spect you will be hooked like the rest of us soon. I get withdrawal symptoms when I can't log on and see what's going on!
                  Rosannagh

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: some photos

                    Originally posted by Mairi
                    Wow they are all stunning..whoever made them should be very proud.

                    I especially like the offset design on the middle pelmet. What are the little round bits?
                    The tufts are small tassle/tuft things that match the braid.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: some photos

                      Originally posted by Rosie
                      Absolutely beautiful! You really should be smiling as you read the comments.

                      What is the dining room fabric? Do you make your own pelmets or send them out?

                      You will be inundated with questions now lol!
                      Thanks for the compliment.
                      The dining room fabric is Zoffany "Cherry Blossom" (I think)

                      We do all work in house. Pelmets are madse on 6mm ply, the dining room & Drawing room have 10oz dacron wadding to give them some depth. The egding on the dining room was particularily challenging with the complex shape!!!

                      (and yes I am smiling, thanks!)

                      Phil

                      [attachment=0:jfwnsoa1]drawingroom detail.jpg[/attachment:jfwnsoa1][attachment=1:jfwnsoa1]diningdetail.jpg[/attachment:jfwnsoa1]

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: some photos

                        Originally posted by rjd
                        They all look wonderful, and I too like the unusual middle one. Beautiful finishing touches on all of them with braid or cord. Did you dream up the pelmet designs yourself? Welcome to the forum - 'spect you will be hooked like the rest of us soon. I get withdrawal symptoms when I can't log on and see what's going on!
                        These pelmets were specified by a designer we work with.

                        Here's a few more.......

                        [attachment=0:1tuniocf]Lambrequin.jpg[/attachment:1tuniocf][attachment=1:1tuniocf]silk goblets.jpg[/attachment:1tuniocf][attachment=2:1tuniocf]boxpleats.jpg[/attachment:1tuniocf]

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: some photos

                          They are all really lovely. I can't get over how you have done the edging on the Zoffany one as it isn't braid I presume. It looks magnificent clever you. Beautiful fabric too.
                          Janie

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: some photos

                            They really are fabulous. No wonder you're smiling.

                            I've got a 3m pelmet with a scalloped bottom to recover soon - hope you're ready for all my questions!
                            Jane

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: some photos

                              All beautiful. Out of interest, where abouts are you based?
                              Kind regards
                              Pen Harrison
                              Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X