White Linen for Roman Blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Linen for Roman Blinds

I am looking for a fabric to replace white linen roman blinds in a restaurant. It is tall windows and the blinds are only dropped to filter sunlight when shining in during the morning in summer.
    There was a leak in the restaurant and the current fabric is severely stained. They think it will fall apart if washed or that it will still leave a stain ring after cleaning.
    Currently it is fairly tight woven white linen unlined blinds in place. Any suggestions what to use to replace?
    Thank you
    Charl
    Charl

The Curtain Tailor

Re: White Linen for Roman Blinds

If you want a good quality 100% linen try Volga Linens. For plain/untreated fabrics including linen, there is also Wolfin Textiles.

Many furnishing fabric suppliers have linens, linen mixes or fabrics that look like linen in their collections - Villa Nova, Prestigious, Terry's Fabrics etc.

Do you have a price in mind? I would suggestion something with a tight/stable weave for making romans.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Can I also suggest you look at Whaleys at Bradford (www.whaleys-bradford.co.uk) - a huge range of fabrics, many plain loomstate, and all at rock bottom prices.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions. I will contact them for pricing.
        Charl
        Charl

The Curtain Tailor

Comment

Don't forget it will need to be FR.
          Kind regards
          Pen Harrison
          Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Good point Pen!
            Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Yes I will have to get some FR treatment spray too if this job is going ahead. Waiting on samples to arrive for extra wide linen. The one blind is 304cm wide and 200cm deep.
              Charl
              Charl

The Curtain Tailor

Comment

Working...
              X