Fabric Clamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabric Clamps

Anyone know the best/cheapest place to get fabric clamps from?
    thanks

Re: Fabric Clamps

How strange Minx! I was looking at buying some new bull dog clips for my pleats and also searched for clamps. M&D have clamps. Maybe other people stock them too?

Comment

I bought my clamps from Jones! Bull dog clips from Staples!

Comment

Hi

I bought mine from a shop fitters ages ago
        they are the sort that stall holders keep there covers on there stall with
        but not sure how much i paid for them

Marela

Comment

Hi I don't know if you have a B & Q near you but they have a bag of multi bull dog clips in their Building section I think it's in a bag of 12, they also do smaller ones they are called VALUE 22 PIECE MINI SPRING CLAMPS BAR CODE NUMBER 03515655 they come in a clear tube t you may also find useful if you need to sew Black out lining as it may save on having too many holes if you hold the lining in place before sewing, or hold the top of pleats together so you can stitch through, they are very colourful and about £4,00p

Happy Sewing one and all, Shirley

Comment

B&Q 12 Piece Spring Clamp Set

EAN: 0000003515587

£11.98

4 x 4"
            4 x 6"
            4 x 9"

I think I'll be buying a couple of sets of those and a bag of the little ones - £6.98 for 22.

Thanks Shirley!!!!!!!

Comment

Me too Jules! thanks Shirley!

Comment

Aldi are selling clamps this week for £4.99 per set. I got some of them a while ago and they are fine.

Co
                Kind regards
                Colina

Comment

Hi
                  bought mine from Jones, think they're around £5 but you have to add carriage. Work perfectly tho
                  Anne

Comment

Have found some mini spring clamps in homebase....£1 for 12! Grab yourselves a bargain as they are very good for holding pleats in place. Have not marked any of the fabrics I have used but you could always put scraps of fabric between clamp and curtains/blinds if needed.
                    Natalie

Comment

I have often considered fabric clamps but am unsure if they would fit my table as the top does not overhang the frame which is I think about 3x2" so what I need to know is how wide do they open?
                      Regards
                      Mairi

Comment

Try these, I've used them for years and have never had a problem.. They open up 2.5 inches.

Clamps

Philip
                        Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

The mini clamps from Homebase open up 27mm, so more ideal for fabric but they fit my work table a treat!
                          Natalie

Comment

Hi
                            the M and D ones open up 7-8 cms, they are good but if you have a delicate fabric you need to put something between the clamp and the fabric as they are quite severe.
                            Helen

Comment

I"ve got the big ones that M&D sell - I agree that they are quite sharp though! So I stuck (with double sided tape) a piece of thick sarril to each "blade" to cushion it, works a treat.

However, since I got the mini spring clips from B&Q I hardly use the metal ones. The wee plastic ones are perfect for holding pleats in place without being too heavy. AND the bright colours make me happy (I'm a simple soul!) so it's a double whammy!
                              Sue

Comment

Working...
                              X