fabric with snakes/reptiles design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fabric with snakes/reptiles design

Can anyone suggest a fabric with snakes and/or reptiles in the design please? It's for a wide roman blind in a boys bedroom. I've suggested lots of tropical and jungle designs but he doesn't like any of them and snakes have been specified (I think he has a pet one). He's about 9 years old, so nothing childish.
    Thank you in advance for any inspiration you can offer!

Best wishes
    Liz

House of Hackney do a snake design but expect that might be a bit pricey. Schumacher have snakeskin and actual snake prints.

https://fschumacher.com/search?terms=snake

There are various snakeskin designs in the animal print collections on the market but that might be a bit 'boudoir'......

How about getting something printed by Spoonflower - they have various base cloths including heavier cotton that would suit a blind. Thay have a library of designs you can choose from.

Or try a quick search on Pinterest, that might turn up something.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thank you for your suggestions Louise- I'll have a look.

Best wishes
      Liz

Comment

Just been looking at Spoonflower- some amazing snake and reptile designs! Has anyone had any experience of their fabrics? I will be wanting the design printed on a firm cotton for a roman blind. Reviews were mixed, with several people being disappointed with the colour density and some mentioning a strong smell from the fabric. I'd be pleased to get your opinions on the quality.

Thank you.

Best wishes
        Liz

Comment

There's this by Edinburgh Weavers if a gekko would fit the bill?
          https://edinburghweavers.com/fabric-.../?search=gekko
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Ooh that's nice, thanks Louise.

Comment

Working...
            X