NINA CAMPBELL Braemar collection ref NCF4113-01 CAIRNESS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NINA CAMPBELL Braemar collection ref NCF4113-01 CAIRNESS

Hi all, I am not looking to buy this fabric but does anyone have the fabric book. I am trying to decide which is the right side of the fabric. I assume it's the side where the blue stripes are shiny and the thin brown ones darker but I prefer the other side which is more matt and muted and actually looks like linen. I would love to know which is the right side and also is there any reason why I couldn't use the matt side as the face if it's actually the wrong side? Phew!!

Thanks Maz

Re: NINA CAMPBELL Braemar collection ref NCF4113-01 CAIRNESS

I have this book somewhere will see if I can find it tomorrow - think it may be in the "shed" so someone else may have the answer quicker than me!
    Yvonne

Comment

There is quite a good photo here - does that help in the meantime?
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I can't see the photo Louise, but I have looked at the photos on the website and even the photo of a pair of curtains and cushion doesn't tell me one way or the other so if anyone does have the book and can have a quick look that would be fab.

Thanks Maz

Comment

Sorry Maz I can't find the book at the moment - I thought it was in the shed but its not. I'm going to showroom tomorrow so will have a look for you.
          Yvonne

Comment

Thanks Yvonne. It's not an old collection so I wouldn't expect it to be in the shed just yet. I've got a roll of it and thought it would make a couple of pairs of curtains for my living room. I just need to decide how to pleat it. The blue stripe is 10.5cm and the double ivory stripe with thin brown stripe in the centre is 13.5cm. I quite like the idea of the blue stripe being hidden when the curtain is closed so I thought I could use that for the backwards facing spaces and use the rest for the pleats. Obviously the overlaps and returns will be blue but they will look like contrast borders when the curtains are open which I am happy with. I am guessing that double pleat is the best way to go with a 13.5cm pleat but I'm open to suggestions. As there is a small central stripe in the pleat it would be visible with a triple pleat but not with a double. I don't mind not seeing the thin brown stripe though.

What would all you experienced curtain makers do with this fabric? Being a blind lady myself I'm a bit unsure which way to go

Click image for larger version

Name:	cairness stripe.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	114803

Maz

Comment

If it's for yourself, then you can use whichever side of the fabric you prefer!
              Kind regards
              Pen Harrison
              Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

I've just spent a lovely afternoon in the O and L showroom. The book is out with client that I met at the showroom that is why I can't find it ..... Anyway the correct side of the fabric is indeed the side where the coloured stripe is shown darker. It is not a reversible fabric I checked with them but as its for yourself then you can definitely choose what suits you. Now on the train returning home from Chelsea Harbour having had a really productive day.
                Yvonne

Comment

Thanks ladies, I am going to risk it using the wrong side which is so much nicer. The fabric was a bargain so I won't be risking it too much.

So, if I am pleating to pattern and the pleats will be 13.5cm and the spaces 10.5cm as described below, should I be doing a double or triple pleat heading, or maybe some other heading?

Thanks

Maz

Comment

I would do double if they are that small.

Comment

Originally posted by lizzy View Post
                      I would do double if they are that small.
                      Thanks Lizzy. I was thinking double in any case - it will hide the thin brown stripe a bit. Sounds like a plan

Maz

Comment

I would do double pleats too - did you by any remote chance get the fabric from a factory mill shop in Lancaster????
                        Yvonne

Comment

Originally posted by YvonneR View Post
                          I would do double pleats too - did you by any remote chance get the fabric from a factory mill shop in Lancaster????
                          That's settled then - double pleats. I got the fabric from a guy I know who sells cheap fabrics from time to time. Every now and then he has something good and I dive in.

Maz

Comment

Thanks Maz. That's very interesting on where you got it from. I have been doing some research on where the designer fabrics are coming from. I have someone local to me that acts as an agent for the fabric mills and he recently asked me to make up a Zoffany silk stripe for his home. He buys up excess stock and slight seconds and then distributes them in a similar way. Look forward to seeing your finished curtains.
                            Yvonne

Comment

Working...
                            X