Sail shades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sail shades

I'm wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a supplier of sail shades suitable for conservatories. Thanks.
    KarenS

Re: Sail shades

Hi Karen

Try
    www.primrose.co.uk

They are suppliers of garden stuff of all kindsand have proved reliable on the occasions we've bought stuff from them.They have a range of waterproof sail shades and awnings which would probably be suitable in a conservatory as well as outside.

Best wishes
    Liz

Comment

I did once find these people but haven't had a chance to use them..... Shadesail - they do state their sails are washable and will make to custom sizes etc. which might be of interest.

They offer installation but also have a 'no drill' option and claim the sails are easy to install inside conservatories.
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Many thanks Liz & Louise, I have had some contact with Shadesail & may pursue this option. If it works out I'll report back. I'll take a look at your suggestion too Liz as I'd like a shade sail for my own garden.
        KarenS

Comment

Interesting thread.....the pigeons are sitting in the oak tree depositing on the washing whirly.....at least two items need rewashed each time and no, I am not moving the whirly but I might just give Primrose a looksee.....was thinking sail, but not quite sure where to start.......oh what a fount of knowledge this forum is.........

Comment

Enid, do take a look at Primrose they have quite a selection. My sis in law had her washing line under a car port which worked perfectly & I have spied a washing line under a roofed pergola in a local garden.
            KarenS

Comment

Karen there's also InShade who seem to supply to trade, they may also have a current approved supplier near you (there is a search option on their site to find them)
              Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look & let you know....
                KarenS

Comment

I got a simple one from Ikea!

If anyone ever wants a sail, tarpaulin or similar making to their own dimensions, can I recommend a company local to me? Woodalls is a wonderful, individual, country shop, which until the last few years was owned for generations of the Woodall family. It was taken over by a new owner a few years ago, and he has developed the quirky mix of stock - you can get everything from a tool to pare sheeps' feet to a luxurious alpaca throw, with upholstery supplies thrown into the mix. There is a traditional sailmaking loft upstairs which will tackle almost anything; my brother has had covers made for amplifiers and other music equipment.

Www.gwoodall.com

Comment

I can never find them in stock in our IKEA....but then it's probably not the right time of year now

Liking the canvas bags on that site already Jackie.
                    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
                    X