Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new chapter for Denton Drapes

*** EXCITING NEWS FOR 2019 ***

As 2018 draws to a close I thought I would tell you a little about our plans for 2019 and beyond. For a long time I have been getting enquiries from people asking if we run soft furnishing and curtain making classes here at Denton Drapes. Up to now all we have been able to offer here have been Observer or Project days plus an occasional day of learning with our fab network of sewing professionals. Meanwhile I have been making regular trips to the USA teaching some of our great soft furnishing techniques for Workroom Tech, the Custom Workroom Conference and the Window Covering Association of America. From 2019 all that changes. We’ve decided to start running regular training sessions here in the UK. I want to use all my years of experience in the trade to help other people to master the skills, knowledge and techniques needed to create beautiful soft furnishings and to run a successful curtain making business of your own.

Details of the classes on offer will be issued in the New Year but first we need to transform our lovely workrooms into a proper training environment. Sadly, that means I need to dispose of a bumper bundle of equipment, fabric and other goodies. The big equipment is up for sale first. (See below) A fabric sale will follow – Date to be announced.

Running a workroom to make beautiful soft furnishings for the last 20 plus years has been a wonderful period of my life. Now I’m looking forward to a new chapter. Watch this space for more news soon.

https://tinyurl.com/DD-Equipment-Sale
    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Good Luck with the new venture and I look forward to seeing what classes you run.
    I’d also be interested in the Eyelet press if its still available?
    Cheers
    Ann-Marie

Comment

How exciting! I look forward to hearing about the classes you will be offering.

Best wishes
      Liz

Comment

Good luck Penny - you are a great teacher and I can't wait to see what classes you will be running!
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thank you ladies you are very kind. Ann-Marie I have several enquiries for the eyelet press yours was the first. I am selling on a first come first served basis if you would like it I need to know this morning so that I can let the other people interested in it know that it is sold. Thank you for your interest.
          Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Hi Penny - I've PM'd you as I'd definitely like to buy it.
            Thanks
            Ann-Marie

Comment

Hi Ann-Marie
              That's great please can you email your address so that we can raise an invoice? admin@dentondrapes.co.uk thank you!
              Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

New chapter for you Penny & I'm sure you will enjoy it. Good luck hope to see you at one of your classes soon, I've loved every opportunity I've had to visit & learn from you.
                KarenS

Comment

Great news Penny, look forward to hearing about the classes

Comment

Congratulations and All the Best. I am hoping to start a home decor business and would definitely like to take a few classes with you.

Comment

Thank you again everyone for your kind wishes. I am very touched.
                      Most things that were on the list of items for sale have sold except for the three worktables. There are an absolute bargain at £100 each plus VAT. They come with a canvas table grid. They are extremely sturdy and will hold a lot of weight, They have two roomy shelves for storage underneath. If you would like to buy one you will need to visit the workroom and dismantle them yourself this is so that you know how the table goes back together after it has been taken apart. This is a very straight forward process and you will need an electric phillips screw driver. The tables also come heavy duty lockable wheels which means that you can move the table if necessary. Please contact me if you are interested.
                      Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Have you got any table grids for sale Penny?

Comment

I believe Penny still sells the grids - if you contact Denton Drapes they will confirm how to order etc.

http://www.madetomeasurecurtains.inf...ton-keynes.php
                          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
                          X