Most popular fabrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most popular fabrics

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

I am hoping mydecozo members might be able to help me decide which fabrics to use in the new year, As I want to make up a range of stools for advertizing, I have done some in the Sanderson's Dandelion Clock and Grandiflora but I would like some suggestions for another popular fabric which is suitable for upholstery work
    Regards Dave and Sue

Re: Most popular fabrics

How about a jumbo cord for a contemporary look? I think Romo do one called Ravello......
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hi Louise,

Thanks for the suggestion, have you anymore info on the fabric range. as I have had a look on Romo's website but could not find it
      Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

Sorry, no, found it on other fabric sites eg. http://www.interiorsatstmarysstreet.co.uk/fabric.htm. It may be an older collection - perhaps someone here has a Romo account or even the right fabric book?

Villa Nova have Bruges (recommended for upholstery, 46 shades) which is a textured/ribbed effect Bruges.

Have also heard about this upholstery fabric which is really durable and comes in a great range of colours.......Impala.
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

I think I'd like a funky one with stripes on the side section and co-ordinating spots on the two ends.... Have seen someone do those fabrics but not sure if they are upholstery quality. (Martindale Rub test is it Penny?)

Comment

If you look at the thread 'anyone recognise this fabric' there is a Romo spotted chenille which has a textured co-ordinating fabric which looks great.
            Villa Nova also do a wavy velvet fabric for upholstery which comes in beautiful colours, can't remember it's name at the moment. They also put an 'only suitable for upholstery' notice out after I had used it for curtains!!
            I really enjoy looking at your posts by the way, you have done some really superb work over the years.Keep 'em coming!
            Janie

Comment

Hi louise Jules and Janie,

Thanks for the suggestions, I can not find the thread you mentioned Janie, can you let me know which topic it is in please Ideally I would like to find a fabric for my Footseys stool range that is popular and not likely to be discontinued soon, to use the latest term "On trend" what ever that means.

Re my posts Janie I mentioned some where else that I found my old curtain fitting photo album, I am in the process of scanning them which will take a while as there are hundreds of them

I used to find the album very useful for showing customers different treatments and also clarifying what they wanted, as often customers would confuse valances with pelmets, austrians with venetians
              Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

Oooo, I know that fabric Janie! Penny was asked to make it up into curtains and it was tricky to say the least. She since made a roman from a red and a pink and it did work but it's beautiful for cushions and I'm sure for upholstery too. It does come in some sensational jewel colours, you're right!

Please keep uploading the pics Dave!

Comment

Jules the fabric you mention is Arkona Velvet from Harlequin and yes we were asked to make it up into curtains but only once! Harlequin clearly state that is is not suitable for curtains, however I think it would be great for your footstools Dave. Swaffer also do a version of it, but can't remeber the name. It does come is some stunning colours.
                  word of warning do not take an iron to it at all. I think I have a picture of the blind somewhere will see if I can find it.
                  Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Here it is. It was purely for display so is irrelevent whether you like it or not it was just to show the fabric made up.[attachment=0:3qlerg8u]IMG_1641 small.jpg[/attachment:3qlerg8u]
                    Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Hi Penny,

Thanks for the suggestion and the picture, I imagine from your roman blind pic that it is a very tactile fabric, which would be good as samples in shops.

Nice blind, I can see from the picture that it would be very heavy as curtains, but works well as a roman blind.

Can I have one made as a festoon please
                      Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

Errr NO
                        Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

LOL Dave! It has the drape of cardboard

BUT

I think it would be fab for your footstools - it really is very tactile.

Sorry Janie, I got the wrong one. The one I thought you meant is not a VN afterall.

Comment

Hi Penny,

I have just been on the Harlequin website and I can see that it is a very stunning range, I'II order some samples.
                            Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

I would take a look at the range Squigee from Natasha Marshall via Today Interiors. I love her contemporary flock velvets, specifically the Blossom range , they would look fab on your footstools.

Squigee

The Villa Nove decorative weaves seems to be popular here

Comment

Working...
                              X