• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bluebell
    Three Needles
    • Feb 2008

Leather or suede suppliers

Can anyone suggest anywhere I can purchase either leather or suede from? I assume I'll need to buy skins....

Suggestions as to where I can get faux alternatives from would be also much appreciated.

Lois
  • Tam
    Super Moderator
    • Jan 2008

Re: Leather or suede suppliers

Foam for home provide a fantstic leather suede supply service.
    Supplies of foam and upholstery, fabrics, tools, products and sundries, online store now available

They have just launced a new leather cutting/supply service

Comment

• Louise
      Administrator
      • Feb 2008

There is info on Foam for Home here.

Impala do a lovely faux leather that is very easy to care for Impala.
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

• Bluebell
        Three Needles
        • Feb 2008

Thank you both so much. Great info as usual! She wants 4 cushions made, 15 inch square, with feather pads, zipped and piped in real leather or suede and doesn't want to pay more than £20 per cushion. She bought the originals in Debenhams about 6 years ago, and wants to add to them rather than replace them, so she's after a particular shade of burnt orange. That's the first hurdle! The second's the price as I can't see me getting real leather or suede at a price that makes that possible.

I'll try suggesting faux to her, as I suspect that's what she actually has (although she's insisting it's real leather) but I don't know if she'll go for it.

Comment

• Louise
          Administrator
          • Feb 2008

Found a link to their data sheet on leather - it's 8MB so be patient. There's an orange colour too..................includes info on getting a free colour sample chart.

furnishing leather.
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
          X