Thermal linings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermal linings

I have a sample of thermal lining from Edmund Bell and I like the quality, but the colour is quite dark. Is there any paler cream ivory on the market anywhere?

Julie
    Julie

Re: Thermal linings

Have a look at M&D..... ivory thermal.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Re: Thermal linings

I received samples from Evans Textiles last week (www.evans-textiles.com), and they have a very nice thermal lining in ivory - code 56100, £1.70 + VAT for a piece of 50m or £2.45 for cuts. I'm intending to use it as an interliner in Roman blinds, as I have started to do this as standard and think it gives a nice finish (seams don't show through and the blind pleats up more crisply). I'd be interested to have some hard data on its effectiveness as this is obviously a good selling point with customers at th emoment.

Evans won't need any salespeople in the near future, as Philip's experience with their Evapure/Evaprufe linings put me onto them - I ordered a piece of Evapure and am very impressed. I've used the same lining for years from another major supplier in the North, and was very happy with it and their service, but have to say that the Evapure with a crease resist finish takes some beating and is cheaper too!

The Evans rep came to see me on Friday and I was also very taken with their Evaglide curtain tracks. They are apparently sourced from Holland and are the only ones I've seen (someone is bound to correct me!) which come with metal brackets. I've ordered some for an upcoming job which I was worrying about because the customer wanted tracks, triple pleat curtains which stacked back neatly, and 3m long curtains in a heavy velvet!

The Elementi pole collection is very nice too ... but I digress. Lunchtime has gone on long enough and I can't put off finishing that wretched headboard cover any longer!

Jackie

Comment

Working...
      X