Roman blind/Linings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roman blind/Linings

I have an order of an interlined roman coming up ( south facing window ) so will require blackout. Instead of using four layers e.g. face fabric, interlining,supersoft blackout, lining, I thought I would try Evans 3pass but they only sell this one in full rolls. I wanted to try the combined 3pass out on this order and I only need 4mtrs. Anyone know of another supplier who will sell sm quantity in white?

Cat C.
    Kind regards

Cat

Re: Roman blind/Linings

Hi Cat,

From my new Evans June 2008 brochure they do a cut length on blackout A32 at £3.55 per metre, if you have an account with them see page 12.

Dave

Comment

If it's the bonded black out, try Merrick and Day. They sell by the metre.

Comment

Hi Dave and Rosie, Thanks for the replies. I have a roll of Evans English supersoft. I just thought I would try the bonded 3 pass on this roman order. Merrick and Days bonded blackout is a sort of muddy grey colour so didn't want to use that. I will just use the Evans blackout that I have. As the romans are interlined I was just a bit concerned how it would be interlocking both interlining and blackout together but I guess it will be fine.

Cat C.
        Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Cat C,

You can layer face fabric, interlining, black sateen and lining.

Here is the USA I like to use Hanes Classic Sateen in Black for the blackout layer and then combine it with the outer lining of the same in white, ivory or khaki.

With this method you don't need a blackout lining at all so you get a softer finished product.

This works great with most fabrics except a light color open weave.

Best of luck,
          Susan
          Susan Woodcock
          Owner, HomeDecGal.com
          Charlotte, NC
          USA

Comment

Susan,

Thank you for your reply. I'm not aware of a similar product that's available in the U.K.to the one you describe but I'm sure there is, I will just have to do a bit more research. However, the type of blackout I'm using is very soft and should drape well ( I hope ).

Cat C.
            Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Venus dimout?

Comment

Working...
              X