Cheap fabric supplier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap fabric supplier

I have been asked by my daughter to make cushion covers for my granddaughter's school Christmas fare. The trouble is we don't have many fabric shops in this area, Kent. So I am looking for somewhere in the south east that sell cheap but nice fabrics, Laura Ashley and John Lewis have the perfect fabrics but far too expensive for what I need. Does anyone know anywhere I can buy, maybe imperfect or seconds fabric? I don't mind travelling a bit as the end product will be for a good cause

JE

Re: Cheao fabric supplier

John Lewis sometimes have a remnant bin where they sell off their display samples in the region of £2 or £3 which are a fair size about a metre in all.

Comment

I don't known where you are in kent
      but there use to be a market near bexleyheath that had a great fabric stall.
      Also Deptford market on a wedensday and saturday have about 3 fabric stalls
      hope this is some use to you

Marela

Comment

what about ebay, I saw some lovely ginghams yesterday for 1.99mt, is that too expensive? let me know and will try and find the seller for you

Chrissie

Comment

Re: Cheap fabric supplier

Great - Bexley and Deptford are about 30 miles away, I'm near Maidstone, so will give them a try.

The gingham on e-bay, do you think that will OK for cushions?

JE

Comment

If you have a Dunelm Mill near you they have a remnant bin - you might get lucky and find some of the right style of fabric there. Also don't forget you might be able to pick up the odd readymade curtain, ex-display piece or bedding that might be suitable to recycle.

You can check for Dunelm stores here Dunelm store locator
            Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Hello there

Have you got any fetes or bring and buy sales or even charity shops
              they often have odd bits of material for sale
              i have just been to my village bank holiday fete and found a oddment of
              2metres of John Wilman 'fleurie' which will come in handy for some samples

Regards
              Marela

Comment

Working...
              X