Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• designers guild fabric

Can anyone help?
    I have on back order since early March designers guild fabric Sarafan range, Rastrelli rasberry.
    Designers Guild say there is a problem yet again on delivery of my 9.7 metres of fabric. They now say 21 August or thereabouts. I dont have an account with them so i just have to believe what they tell the store where i am purchasing the fabric from.
    As a good will gesture they gave offered my customer a meersly £30 which i think is a joke as the customer is paying over £40 per metre for the fabric.
    Does anyone know if any companies stock designers guild fabric rather than order when required?
    Karen

Re: designers guild fabric

It's a long shot, but have you tried looking for stockists near you can contacting them to see if any of them actually hold fabric in stock?

If you go to http://www.designersguild.com/stocki...full+postcode# and put in your county or postcode it will show details for people near you and their email and telephone numbers.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thanks Louise but already tried that only, one near me but they dont stock
      Karen

Comment

My customer has now found this fabric on e-bay. The seller says she can supply 3x3.2 metre lengths @£15 per metre.(my curtains are 218 drop so this should work with the pattern match) It sounds too good to be true she says it will all come off the same batch but she is only allowed to sell it as cut lengths as stipulated by designers guild.My concern is, is it rejected fabric or different shade. Would any of you chance it?
        Karen

Comment

As your customer has found this fabric I think this may be one of those occasions where you explain your concerns then leave the decision up to them. I don't mean to sound like I am simply passing the buck, but sometimes I think we can be perfectionists over details that our clients may not feel are so important.
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Shame your customer didn't say it was for one huge drop for her double height hallway and needed the 10m in one piece to avoid joins....

Comment

Karen,
              I agree with Louise. If your customer supplies it, then any problems with the are down to them. Say it diplomatically though.....

Seems a strange way to sell it.
              Kind regards
              Pen Harrison
              Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

I'd ask the customer to make the decision on this one too.

Although it seems strange that this supplier is only selling cut lengths, it just means that she has taken advantage of a new fabric design offered to suppliers in cut lengths at hugely discounted prices for display purposes, they are then sold on as cut lengths.

Most shops/retailers get cut length discounted lengths as an incentive to display a particular fabric in the shop window So I'd be a bit wary of any fading if thats the case. Alot of suppliers dont actually use the cut lengths to display, just take advantage of the heavy discount offer , then sell on the fabric and rrp!

Comment

Well, that explains it! I get display lengths from my suppliers, but I usually make them up into items for display, although I sometimes sell the items afterwards. Never thought of selling the fabric as it is!
                  Kind regards
                  Pen Harrison
                  Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Unfortunately, the e-bay seller could not get hold of this fabric so i am still looking, or waiting until August.
                    Karen

Comment

Working...
                    X