Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Searching for curtain fabric with these colours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for curtain fabric with these colours?

Does anyone know of a nice curtain fabric with the colours shown in this link http://www.curtain-up.ltd.uk/product/24 ... ko_pr0100_

I will now be making curtains for my lounge (rough measurement 90"wide pole by 90" drop) and was just wondering if any of you have came across nice fabrics with the colours shown in the link. The type of pattern doesn't matter so long as it is not checks or stripes however on saying that I wouldn't mind stripes to go with florals etc for cushions in the same collection of fabric. I am hoping to find either a good cotton or poly/cotton fabric not too expensive probably a max of £25 pm preferably with a cream/neutral background. Any help would be appreciated or even a guide to a good website that shows lots of pics that I can order samples from.

I feel at the moment all I am doing is asking questions but hopefully one day I will have learned enough myself to perhaps help someone else out on the Forum

Re: Searching for curtain fabric with these colours?

Hello Sewingbelle,

It's a beautiful silk isn't it? You will find that there are many many many fabrics in this year's Harlequin range in these colours, lots and lots of florals and some really special ones. I was blown away when I first saw the new collections.

Comment

Thanks Rosie, I will have a look and see what Harlequin have. All my favourite colours are in that fabric and it gives me a good range of tones for adding accessories around the room

Comment

Hi Sewingbelle,
        A word of warning, Harlequin Tamika magenta silk, this is one of the two fabrics that I am complaining about at the moment. When you cut the fabric it rolls up into a tight ball. I had the most awful problems with it. I had to make a pair of hand made pinch-pleats and even after overlocking the edges it continued to want to roll up. really annoying and frustrating and took twice as long to make...I wont be touching it with a bargepole again...The other was Jab silk. I have spoken to them about it and they tell me I have to "put a piece of fleece on the edges before I cut it " I've used loads of silk in the past and never experienced this before.
        Helen

Comment

Helen thanks for the warning but it is just the colours I am interested in not the silk. Gosh I haven't heard of placing fleece on the edges of silk although it's mostly dressmaking I do not curtains Have you to stitch the piece of fleece to the fabric or just place it on when cutting out? I've had lots of samples some large and small of dupion silk for dressmaking but none of it has curled whereas I've had samples of Duchess silk and it curls at the edges so can't help with the silk curling.

Just a thought but do you interline your silk curtains? Do they mean if you place the interlining (fleece) and silk together and cut it as one that would prevent the silk edges curling up?

Comment

Hi Sewingbelle,
            yes I always interline my silk curtains, in fact most of my curtains now. I dont really understand what they mean about the fleece? perhaps they mean some sort of tape placed on before you make the cut. Anyway then it would have to stay in the hem/heading....otherwise when you took it off it would roll again. Have just had an e-mail from Harlequin. They say "it is a tightly woven fabric, and this is a characteristic of the fabric, but realise it is difficult to sew"!!!!
            I have to say it looked nice once made up, but was a bit of a nightmare keeping it flat especially under the pleats.
            Helen

Comment

Maybe it should be sold with a sewing warning I'm glad to hear you managed to make the curtains and are happy with them

Comment

Hi Sewingbelle
                I absolutely agree Thanks, and good luck with your search.
                Helen

Comment

Working...
                X