Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA Fabrics

Hi All,

Can you tell me if current LA fabrics are only available from them or do other suppliers stock them too? I have a potential client who has been searching for ages for the right fabric at the right price for her ( I don't deal with any sample books, too early in business to see if it's something I should carry ) However, 'tho this lady has found what she is looking for in LA.( it's called Lucca col. cranberry,woven cut pile velvet ) it's not one that's in their current sale, I think it's around £29 per metre which is well above the approx. £10 per. mtr. she wants to pay.

I would like to get the order, so I've been doing a bit of searching around myself to see if I can see anything close to it but she is very particular and is wanting the same shades of wine in the Lucca striped fabric.

Any ideas ?

Cat C.
    Kind regards

Cat

Re: LA Fabrics

LA fabrics as far as I know are only available in the high street. You could try ebay if it's not a large quantity, or wait for the next sale or promotion. They have a promotion every month so she may be able to get some money off if she waits a bit. OR make friends with the staff who get 40% discount!

I have used this fabric and unlike most LA ones, this one actually makes up very well.

Good luck, Kim
    Kim

Comment

Thanks for the reply Kim,

I'll try e bay, it's only 13mtrs. so I may be lucky. 40% off is a good staff discount, isn't it? sadly I don't know anyone there 'tho.

Cat C.
      Kind regards

Cat

Comment

As far as I am aware to LA fabrics are only available from their stores. I think you used to be able to purchase trade but they have unfortunately stopped that happening.
        Kindest Regards,
        Karen

Comment

Thanks Karen,

Yes I also thought that they may do trade prices but it seems not. I have been given another small order from the same client and she is going to wait for the next LA promotion in the hope that it may be reduced.

Cat C.
          Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Don't touch them with a bargepole! Sorry I've had a bad weekend with LA fabrics.

Sue.

Comment

Working...
            X