Price increases for 2009?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price increases for 2009?

I have been in contact with a couple of fabric suppliers in the last few days and interesting to see while one is saying most of their fabrics have only increased by 3% (and a few have stayed the same or even decreased in price slightly), another seems to be increasing most fabrics by 20% !

Anyone else have any info?
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Re: Price increases for 2009?

Academy Clairtex have put their prices up a lot - Over 20% in some cases so I won't buy from them again.
    Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

I have been told by Streets that some of their fabrics could go up by as much as 20%. Swaffer also will be increasing their prices by as much as £3-4 per metre retail.
      Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Parkertex have increased their prices tremendously too - some are as much as £10 per metre retail more.
        Yvonne

Comment

My Prestigious rep said there would be a new price list out in January. That's suprising as I think their last one was August.

Sue.

Comment

Some of the price increases are due to the poor exchange rate of the pound - it has dropped around 20% against the euro so any fabrics bought in from Europe will be more expensive.
            Kind regards
            Pen Harrison
            Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Working...
            X