fabric with a flaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fabric with a flaw

I know times are hard but well, the cheek of it............
    A fabric supplier that i wont mention the name of made a comment that i couldnt believe my ears at first.........
    they rang me to say that they had come across a flaw when measuring out my order, they asked about my cuts to see about avoiding it, i mentioned that i was making swags and tails also, their answer, 'maybe you could hide the flaw in the folds of the tails!!!!
    I DONT THINK SO.....
    they added an extra mtr, which was ok but no way was i going to hide it....
    Sharon

Re: fabric with a flaw

At least they phoned when the found the flaw. Nothing worse than being ready to start a job and find one. But no, you shouldn't have to 'hide it'!
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Oh yes!!!!

Just put last job but one on the table, and approx 8mts of a 16mts roll was full of flaws, pulled cottons, weave in chunks almost into holes and one even running up the middle. I gave up unrolling so I don't want to know where it stopped. Thanks to Louise it is being replaced but my schedule has gone to pot now. At least they are for a friend so it won't matter if its Christmas week, but it will to me.

No you should not have to 'hide' flaws especially when you are buying from reputable names.

Enid

Comment

It is the first time they have phoned me about a flaw, thats true........
        sharon

Comment

Enid,

You have my sympathy with this. I have been unlucky to have both the clients own fabric flawed (Malabar seconds I think). Then the fabric my client chose from Prestigious arrived with a warp thread pulled all the way up the entire roll. So I had to wait a replacement. Net result, I ended up working for the entire weekend, in order to ensure that the job scheduled for this week was not delayed as I am supposed to be finishing on Friday ... well thats the plan.

I have yet to hang them yet, as I now have a stinking cold and a poorly son home from school. Aaah!

I hope you get it sorted it in time for Christmas.

Sharon - yes that a cheek - how dare they sell you substandard goods and expect you to hide it.

Sue

Comment

Working...
          X