Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licensed W Morris fabrics.....

Anyone else heard of this supplier? Laura's Beau

They are licensed to print certain W Morris designs on to fabrics which they sell by the metre.....may be of interest to crafters etc. as they also scale designs which might be better for cushions and smaller items.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

I have just received samples of Golden Lily from this company for a possible pelmet project. I ordered the drill, heavyweight and normal weight cotton and they all look very nice, lovely colour and crisp print. The heavyweight is suitable for light upholstery so will probably be the most suitable, it's a great price at £14/m retail.
    Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Louise - how does the Golden Lily compare to the fabric you would get from Morris & Co? I need to make curtains in Golden Lily for a customer and this would definitely be a cheaper option if comparable.

Comment

I don’t have experience of the same fabric from Morris. I got samples of the drill which had an obvious diagonal weave rather like a quality apron. Also the standard cotton which was probably too light for curtains, but the heavyweight cotton would be good I think. They are happy send samples... lovely quality.
        Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

PS - forgot to mention check the pattern repeat size as I think some of the designs are scaled down to suit kitchen ware items etc. so may be smaller than the furnishing fabric.
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
          X