Update on best books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on best books

I'm just about to put an order in for the Maureen Whitmore book Home Furnishings Workbook and the Wendy Shorter book Soft Furnishings.

Can someone just let me know if these books are still the best to buy or are either/both of them a little out of date now. I've already got the M&D Encyclopedia and various other books but feel like a bit of light reading!
    Jacqui
    Quarndon Curtain Design

Re: Update on best books

I have the Maureen Whitmore and M&D Eycyclopedia and both are great books.

Comment

I have both and although there is some overlap, they do include different techniques and projects that I find useful. For instance, if they both cover inserting a zip they show you different methods.

The Workbook is a larger and more detailed, the pages covering Techniques are excellent with clear instructions and diagrams.
      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

i have the m and d books and also wendy shorter - that one i really like as it does feel like light reading compared to others!!

Comment

Originally posted by shedcurtains View Post
          i have the m and d books and also wendy shorter - that one i really like as it does feel like light reading compared to others!!
          I have these books as well and also like the Wendy Shorter one.
          Kind regards
          Colina

Comment

I think that the M&D Curtains and Blinds book should also be included with the other 3.
            Kindest Regards

Penny

Denton Drapes

Comment

Working...
            X