Caroline Wrey's Complete Curtain Making Course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caroline Wrey's Complete Curtain Making Course

Just seen this on ebay - is it worth buying if you've already got Maureen Whitemore's Home Furnishing Workbook and M&D's Encyclopaedia?
    Jane

Re: Caroline Wrey's Complete Curtain Making Course

This was my first curtain making book. Very patchy instructions. Does not give you the full picture on how to make things.

Merrick and Day Encyclopedia of Cuartins is the one to have really.
    Karen Rhodes
    Karen Rhodes Design
    Pole Design

Comment

Thanks Karen, I won't waste my money.
      Jane

Comment

I have a soft spot for "The Complete Book of Curtains and Drapes" by Lady Caroline Wrey (1991). It was the very first curtain making book I bought and I pretty much taught myself to make curtains and valances from it. I still refer to it from time to time, but the Merrick and Day books get alot more use.

I also bought "Caroline Wrey's Curtain Style - A complete Course with 15 Step-by-Step Projects" (1997), which didn't really tell me any more than was in her previous books.

I also have Caroline's "The Complete Book of Bedroom Elegance" (1993), which is lovely if you want to create the English Country house look, but again many of the instructions were in her first book.

Then there is Caroline's "Designs for Windows Treatments" (1995), which again replicates what was in her first 2 books.

Nearly forgot: Caroline Wrey's Finishing Touches (1999), which I would say is more for the hobby home sewer.

Mandy

Comment

Working...
        X