Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needcraft lamshade kits

Hi,

I have recently been asked if I could make some small conical lampshades if the client wants to have them in fabric to match the curtains or blinds.

I was not very confident in offering my services here as this is not somethng I have done before. However I have seen the Needcraft kits being made including a more professional version with extra tips and it doesn't look too hard.

Just wondering if anyone has had experience of these kits and if they are up to a professional standard.

Kind Regards
    Christine

Re: Needcraft lamshade kits

Hi Christine,

Yes, I've used the Needcraft kits and they are most definitely of professional standard. Quite straightforward to do and they come with full instructions and, I believe, there is now a video on Youtube (I think there is a link from the Needcraft website), so you can watch that first and see if you think it is something you could tackle with confidence - I'm sure you could! My only tip would be to iron your fabric to death first as once it's on the backing, any creases will show.

Good luck - and show us the finished masterpiece!

Kate

Comment

Needcraft kits are excellent and I find they give a very professional finish.
      My main tip would be to ditch the shaped piece of cardboard they include for tucking your fabric under the shade rings. Use a credit card instead - much sturdier!
      CatherineL
      Catherine Lepreux Interiors

Comment

Thank you Kate and Catherine that is good to know,

I will order a kit and see how I get on, I can then have a sample to show the client.

Kind Regards
        Christine

Comment

Working...
        X