Blinds, Roman or Something Else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blinds, Roman or Something Else?

I am trying to find a solution for this back door and window. If I put a Roman blind on the opening part of the door, the top of the Roman blind on the adjoining window would be at a different level. If both blinds start at the very top, you wouldn't be able to use the door when the blind was down. I had thought about a portiere rod with a curtain, but the client doesn't want anything round the bottom of the door as wellies and so on are usually there. I think we're trying to find something that doesn't look lopsided, so imaginative solutions are required! Please suggest whatever comes to mind!

Re: Blinds, Roman or Something Else?

HI Angie does the cupboard sit right up to the wall or have you some clearance space ,prehaps you could sit a roman blind right across the top of both windows but higher up on the wall space above the door this ccould then be dropped to just sit level with the first panes of glass but be high enough to allow th door to open inwards
    the blind when fully dropped would sit just below the glass on the door and also cover the side window without hitting the worktop all i can think of at the moment

Comment

Hi Angie the only thing i can think of is maybe those perfect fit blinds that slip into each window panel. I think the windows have to be pvc, because if you just put blinds on the lower windows they are going to be at different heights from what i can see from picture. Sorry if thats not much help all i could think of at the moment

Irene

Comment

Thanks for those suggestions. I'll have to check about the cupboard as that could be a possible solution. I think it's going to be one of those situations where the hardest part is deciding on what to put there, and the actual making takes very little time. At least it's not needed in a hurry, thank goodness.

Angie

Comment

Why can't you have one blind at the very top of the recess? Or even two blinds side by side at the very top.
          Kind regards
          Pen Harrison
          Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Two blinds right at the top was my original idea, but then we wondered if the LH blind would get in the way of using the door. I've just had a long chat with the client, who is wondering whether to have a working Roman blind at the top on the window (RH side of the pic), a mock Roman on the top window above the door, the same size as the working one, and an unobtrusive roller blind on the actual door, hidden under the folds of the mock Roman. This would be possible as the door opens outwards - which brings us back to the possibility of having two blinds right at the top!

I'm going to go on holiday and try not to think about it!

Angie

Comment

If you have a roller on the door, you wont be able to have a mock roman covering it, as that will get in the way of the door. With a working roman, all she has to do is pull it right up before opening the door! With two blinds, this would be even easier, as there wont be so much weight on the door blind.
              Kind regards
              Pen Harrison
              Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

I would agree with Pen on this one. Clients sometimes want something that does not exist at your expense. If she wants romans then a compromise will have to be made.

I would take the romans to the top and she will have to pull the left hand one to the top to open the door. I am not a fan of romans on doors. I had one years ago and it was a bit impractical.
                Karen Rhodes
                Karen Rhodes Design
                Pole Design

Comment

Working...
                X