Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perfect windows

Hi,
    How about these for perfect windows, any ideas are welcome,[attachment=0:2jtmno0t]perfect windows 1.jpg[/attachment:2jtmno0t]

Re: perfect windows

Hi Alic

Beautiful windows, I did some very much like those a couple of years ago, never used to take pictures then i could kick myself. I surpose it depends on how fussy the customer wants the treatment to be, with all that alchitrive my customer wanted to show it off, meaning no pelmet so i put a really nice thick pole up and did triple pleat curtains interlined and puddled in silk cant remember the fabric but they looked stunning. I can see the alchitrive is close to the ceiling as was the one i did but it worked a treat, i just had to use extended brackets with going either side of the wall because of the wood protruding. hope that helps

Irene

Comment

Hi Alic

Has the windows got Door shutters?

Kathy
      K W Designs
      Bournemouth

Comment

With classic Georgian proportions like this you can do almost anything.

Usually the shutters are either fixed or working. I have similar windows in my own house but not to floor level like these although my next door neighbour has. Whatever you do I would make them both symettrical treatments. Poles with interlined curtains, swags and tails - you can do almost anything with these windows. Lucky you.
        Karen Rhodes
        Karen Rhodes Design
        Pole Design

Comment

I would extend the pole beyond the architrave as I dont think it looks good if you can see a skinny bit of white painted wood at either side. (in magazines I have see curtains fited this way).

Usually fitters fix for the poles to the architrave for practical reasons not because it looks good. You can use wooden blocks to help with the fixing (they can be painted to match the wall). I hate full battens behind a pole though as I think they can always be seen and spoil the look. Lathe and plaster is soft and you have to get a good fixing.

In saying that I have similar windows with poles, heavy interlined curtains no battens and no problems with fixing so far.
          Karen Rhodes
          Karen Rhodes Design
          Pole Design

Comment

Working...
          X