Need some creative inspiration.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some creative inspiration.....

This is my front door and as you can see, it's in desperate need of a makeover. We looked at having stained glass but at £5000 I don't think so!

Unfortunately in the top left corner, there's a boxed in pipe which means the shape isn't symetrical. The alarm and bell boxes could be moved. I need to make sure I don't cut out too much light or obstruct the door but I need to soften the top and the sides and hide the view of the cobwebs in the porch

The only idea I've come up with so far is 3 ruched blinds but hubby's not very keen on anything fussy and definately not frilly. Any ideas welcome [attachment=0:1u6d77o5]HFH_front_door.jpg[/attachment:1u6d77o5]
    Jane

Re: Need some creative inspiration.....

How about a lambrequin/pelmet, coming part way down the centre window, but covering the small square windows, and down over the side windows a little way, shaped on the bottom edge? I dont have a scanner here, otherwise I'd do a sketch a post it. But your house looks Victorian, so this would be in keeping.
    Regards
    Pen
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Re: Need some creative inspiration.....

I think a Lambrequin would be fab. Could you bring it forward to hide away the boxed in pipe?

As to rushed blinds....spider heaven!

Comment

Working...
      X