Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do?

Hi!,

I am making a roman blind for a kitchen window. As you can see from the picture, the window is not centered on the wall and the spaces each side are uneven. My question is, would you make the blind so that it is centred over the window or would you make it so that it is centred in the space? It doesn't look like the sink is centred under the window.

My gut instinct is to center it over the window but I just wondered what you guys thought?

[attachment=0:28uedkk9]Image016 (Small).jpg[/attachment:28uedkk9]

Re: What would you do?

If it has to be fitted outside, I would make it centred over the window. If it was centred to the walls, I think it would look fine down but odd when pulled up.
    What about fitting the blind inside the recess?
    Jane

Comment

I'm with Jane on this one.

My kitchen walls are the same as the picture and the blind is centered to the window, outside the recess. Looks just as good when pulled up or down at night.

Enid

Comment

Thanks Enid and Jane for your replies.

It is as I thought but I just had a moment of self doubt so it is great to have this forum to put my mind at rest.

Helen.

Comment

Personally I would mirror the window ledge and make the blind to that width.
          Have you registered your business yet?

http://www.ukcurtainmakers.co.uk

A MyDecozo Directory

Comment

I did a window very similar to this and never give it a thought. Customer wanted a blind and I made it.

[attachment=0:1s79as8q]cath blind1.JPG[/attachment:1s79as8q]
            K W Designs
            Bournemouth

Comment

My kitchen window is the same too - I just measured the window added on my 5cm either side and made the thing! I guess that means I centered it on the window then. I would not have thought of doing it any other way I am afraid.
              Yvonne

Comment

Thanks again for all your replies.

The blind needs to be fitted outside the window as it is a north facing window and the customer does not want to lose light.
                I had already started making the blind but then looked at the photo again and then just had that thought about centering it in the wall space and once that seed was planted I suddenly lost the confidence in what I was doing.

I have woken up with a cold this morning so I'll blame it on that!

Helen.x

Comment

Hope your cold's better soon Helen. It's so easy to get bogged down in self doubt when you're working alone.....thank goodness this forum's here to to
                  re-instill confidence when we need it

Love the blind Kathy. The contrast strips really do make a difference.
                  Jane

Comment

Working...
                  X