Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for window treatment, please

Hi
    I´ve attached a couple of photos of my window which is in a slanted bay with a radiator under the centre window panel. I am not particularly fond of curtains (as I think they take off too much light) and currently have venetian blinds fitted to the window frame. I live on a main road and like venetians for the privacy.
    I have used this treatment for the last 12 years but having just found this forum a seed of potential change has been planted!
    It may be a challenge for you creative people out there. Any ideas would be gratefully received. Thanks

[attachment=0:9vimfef3]Upload 025.jpg[/attachment:9vimfef3][attachment=1:9vimfef3]Upload 024.jpg[/attachment:9vimfef3]

Re: Ideas for window treatment, please

Hi, there,
    On the main wall I would have a chunky pole with big finials and dress curtains with pinch pleat headers. Then Roman Blinds on each window - or even mock romans- this way you could keep your venetians.
    If you did not want curtains on the outside, hang them from the back of the arch and tie them back so that you jsut get a glimpse of the curtain on the inner edges of the arch.

Julie
    Julie

Comment

Thanks, Julie. I like the idea of the pole on the main wall. Curtains would certainly make the room look warmer (it´s NW facing so looks a bit gloomy in the winter)

lesley

Comment

I'd think a pelmet on the wall and dress curtains underneath could look lovely.
        Ursula

Comment

Originally posted by crackerkelly
          I'd think a pelmet on the wall and dress curtains underneath could look lovely.
          Ursula
          so that would look like there was a rail on the wall. Thanks. Another good idea. In the past I´ve attached curtain rails to the actual window which caused problems with condensation etc and, although functional, they looked a little ordinary and dated. It´s a big window in a big room so could take a little more ornamentation (is that a word? )

Comment

Working...
          X