Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single curtain on front door - any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single curtain on front door - any ideas?

Hi everyone!

I've been asked to make a single curtain to go across a front door in a hallway, on a pole.

Although there doesn't seem to be any alternative, my client is concerned the curtain will look unbalanced on the pole. I wondered about putting tassels on the non-curtain end of the pole? Has anyone got any other ideas they could share?

Very much appreciated!

Paula

Re: Single curtain on front door - any ideas?

Hi there,
    I wouldn't worry, that's how door curtains look,
    just make it nice and full, be careful that it goes back far enough so that you can open the door. Sometimes I have the track/pole running around the wall, so that it does'nt , interfere with the door, lots of interlining/thermal and your client will be so delighted at how cosy it is. You could also use a portiere rod .
    Helen

Comment

Paula, one curtain on a door will look fine - just reassure her it is normal.
      Kind regards
      Pen Harrison
      Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

Hi Paula,

I have attached a couple of pictures that may be of use to your customer.[attachment=1:1abjx5bj]001.JPG[/attachment:1abjx5bj][attachment=0:1abjx5bj]002.JPG[/attachment:1abjx5bj]Regards Dave
        Attached Files
        Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

hi Dave,
          lovely door curtain, who's pole is that?
          Helen

Comment

Hi Helen,

It is a metro pole by Silent Gliss.

Regards
            Dave
            Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

I always use a pole with recess brackets so that the pole goes straight into the wall and then have the curtain very full with a tie-back to give the curtain lots of shape - if you make a lot of the curtain it will not look unbalanced.
              Julie
              Julie

Comment

Originally posted by pelmetman
                Hi Paula,

I have attached a couple of pictures that may be of use to your customer.[attachment=1:ne1e4e0h]001.JPG[/attachment:ne1e4e0h][attachment=0:ne1e4e0h]002.JPG[/attachment:ne1e4e0h]Regards Dave
                Hi Dave, I have a door curtain to do and it would be nice to use a pole such as the one you used here. Is it possible to bend this pole in situ or would it be done in the factory? Also which supplier did you use?

thanks

Comment

Hi Minx,

The pole was here when we moved in, but it is a metropole by silent gliss, and it would need to be factory bent. If you have an account with Hallis Hudson or any of the other wholesalers they will be able to supply it pre bent.

If you're unsure about measuring it, you might be able to get your local silent gliss rep to measure it for you.

Reagrds
                  Dave
                  Regards Dave and Sue

Comment

I really love that door solution - so neat to have it go round the corner - must remember it when next asked to do a door curtain
                    Rosannagh

Comment

Working...
                    X