Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unusual window in penthouse needs ideas

Hi everybody

Attached is a photo, hopefully of a penthouse window that needs a solution, any would be most helpfull ideas? The top of the window is not flat like the side it comes out by 3cm! The top of the ceiling is rounded.

[attachment=0:2digjb3y]penthouse.JPG[/attachment:2digjb3y]
    Ally

Re: unusual window in penthouse needs ideas

I'm sure you've thought of roman and roller blinds with shaped tops - the side ones would be halfway down all the time. I don't know if Silent Gliss have a solution of this shape window - they are very good (and expensive) for shaped windows.

How about shaped top curtains with a fixed heading, taken all the way up to the ceiling? Again, you would lose some of the light.

Or, dare I say, louvre blinds?

Regards
    Pen
    Kind regards
    Pen Harrison
    Colly Brook Fine Furnishings

Comment

What is the purpose of the room, does it need curtains because of being a bedroom.

Is the room overlooked or could you get away with something sheer Perhaps shaped the top to some decorative voiles with italian stringing

Comment

This is a bedroom window and she would like to keep some light out in the summer etc, good job we are going into winter because by the time i find a solution it might be summer again!

The guy selling blinds said he could not do anything.
        Ally

Comment

Not wanting to put you out of a job, but this site say they can make triangular blinds Luxaflex Duette.

Also plantation shutters might be an option Shutterly Fabulous.

Perhaps you could use blinds for privacy and dress with fabric to soften the effect?
          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Page 104 and 116 of the Curtain Inspiration book have some ideas that you could adapt using a corona style track/board and tie the full length drapes back fairly high at the natural point 12/14" up from the sill.

Cat C.
            Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Not sure what I think of them but there are always bottom-up blinds....

Comment

This topic covers problems with triangular windows......http://www.my.decozo.com/viewtopic.p...t=1380&start=0
                Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thanks for all your help i have given her the website for shutterleyfabulous, they look great. I understand John Lewis is doing something for another penthouse so i will sneek and peek once they are up.

many thanks
                  Ally

Comment

Working...
                  X