Thai Pleat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thai Pleat

I found this image of a 'Thai' pleat which i have never come accross before. Thought it looked interesting but wouldnt have a clue as to how tho make it!

[attachment=0:1z72nofp]thai pleats.JPG[/attachment:1z72nofp]

Re: Thai Pleat

Hey, that looks interesting! Can't quite get my head around how you would start making that up!
    Rosannagh

Comment

Me neither but fingers are itching to undo it all to see how it is constructed

Its very different, I kind of like it. It works well in theory

Comment

Hello,

I created that pleat for a magazine article, I am glad you liked it! There is also a gathered version called the Magnolia Pleat. You can see both made up in my photo albums www.picturetrail.com/tavernhillsue

Let me know if you have any questions.

Warmest Regards,
        Susan
        Susan Woodcock
        Owner, HomeDecGal.com
        Charlotte, NC
        USA

Comment

Simple when you know how !!

Susan,

I like the Thai pleat with the contrast fabric, it looks very effective. The Magnolia pleat looks pretty too.

Comment

Hi Susan, What can I say, Wow,Wow,Wow.!!!!

I have been looking 'thru your picture trail. What wonderful work, you have made my day, thank you, so inspirational.

Cat C.
            Kind regards

Cat

Comment

Thank you so much for sharing this with us - very beautiful.
              Yvonne

Comment

What a lovely picture trail great ideas
                i just love these

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/5404522

Marela

Comment

Sorry wrong picture
                  The one's i like are pink check tripple pleats with the circles cut out

Marela

Comment

I have to say Susan, I think your picture gallery is absolutely fabulous. Such inspired designs! I 'wasted' two hours this morning checking it out, and was completely spellbound by all the wonderful ideas you have photographed. I also love so many of the fabulous fabric designs - am I correct in thinking that there are far more 'traditional' fabric designs in the USA. I love so many of the fabrics used in your photos, but fail to be moved by most of what I am seeing in the UK in terms of fabric design.

There are quite a few terms I was confused by, and when I have time I will compile a list of things I didn't quite understand and ask for your clarification.

In the Thai pleat which started this thread, were the edges of the folded pleat hand sewn together - it looks quite different to the other sample shown on your website (with contrasting front fabric and lining). I long to be able to use this style of heading to wow someone who has never met this treatment!
                    Rosannagh

Comment

There is so much to see - I like the Euro pleat especially in silk.

Also found the Sealah tape interesting - a kind of wired tape you can sew into the hems of valances (for instance) to hold the corners of returns in shape. I wonder if something similar could be improvised with florist's wire?
                      Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Thanks everyone! I am glad you enjoyed my pictures. All of your kind remarks have just made my day!

The Thai pleat (and any pleat really) will differ in appearance based on the fullness used and the materials. It is an easy pleat to try if you want to make a little sample.

Rosannagh,

I am eager to learn the terms that are used on this Forum too! We will have to compare notes.

Funny that you mentioned that the fabrics here in the USA are so much more interesting because most of the MOST interesting ones I work with come from the UK or France.

I have been very fortunate to have relationships with wonderful interior designers and most love to use color so it is always fun.

Louise,

The Sealah tape is a two sided sticky tape with a small gauge wire. It is great to use anywhere that you need a little bend to stay put such as on corner pleats. Here is the website for more info: www.jodeesinc.com

Yes, you CAN use florists wire which can be hidden in seams (you can zigzag over it) or placed under trims. I have always kept florist wire in my toolbox because you can fish it into window treatments at the install if needed.

Warmest Regards,
                        Susan
                        Susan Woodcock
                        Owner, HomeDecGal.com
                        Charlotte, NC
                        USA

Comment

Thanks Susan - you seem to have many more drapery products and patterns available in the US like this wired tape and M'Fay patterns etc.

Often we can order from the UK but by the time we have paid the shipping (and sometimes import tax too) it is just too expensive to justify. Interesting that you have used florist's wire in the past, I will definitely keep that in mind next time I have a valance to make.
                          Louise

sigpic Simply Sewing

Comment

Working...
                          X